DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Dr Jez McCole DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
11 posts

Autopopulate for me too I think.
Also wondered (minor sausage thumb niggle) if there was a way of making it harder to inadvertantly hit the home button when tapping the decimal point on the excellent QI/BI number keypad?
Jez

inga DAFNE Graduate
Hinchingbrooke Hospital, Huntingdon
1 post

hi simon

this app is brilliant done the update and worked fine but i was so busy yesterday and forgot to put in details and have tried now and the app crashes and go back to my other apps instead? so i cant put anything in :0( hope you can fix this.and my bedtime sugar has been put on to today because i cant get it on yesterday many thanks

inga

Jennifer Iden DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals, Leicester
11 posts

I would prefer it to auto populate with the last Bl entry. Thanks for seeking the input!

ThunderBolt DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
28 posts

Same niggle as Dr Jez.  Apple's market research folk clearly didn't think I'd buy an ipod as I do it on most apps. Heheh. 
To be honest I've only updated a couple of days ago so may well be teething problems on my part. Other than that the updates are ace. It's nice to see a couple of my own suggestions implemented. It's surprising how it's encouraged me to do a bit more testing and actually logging the results instead of just acting on a result and forgetting about it!
I've had another idea as well. I wonder if it would be possible to include a dosage calculator in the settings? I've just recently been varying my ratios and keep getting mixed up and even forgetting which ratios I'm on and at what points in the day. As is, the settings allow target BGs to be input for meal and bed times and it'd help me (and possibly others as forgetful as me) if I could also add ratios to each meal time. So then when I put in how many lines I'm going to have the app then says to take n units. Clearly any alterations or corrections would be done manually.
Once again my explanations are a bit muddled so I hope you can manage to decipher my late night ramblings!!!
Brilliant job Simon. Thanks again. 

28 posts

Oh yes... I'd forgot last night after my rambling. I think the auto option would be better as well!
At first glance anyway as it seems the simpler option of the two. Thanks again Simon.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi all, the latest update (1.1.2) is now available on the app store. This update will auto-populate your BI based on previous entries.

Also, the following bugs have been fixed:

• Application crashes when trying to move an entry to a different day/time.
  • Ratio didn't update if you changed the CP or QA value once it had been calculated previously.
  • New diary entry was created even if you pressed the cancel button.
It'll take a bit more time to do the other requests so thought I'd get these fixes out quickly. Let me know if there's anything else you need!

Simon

28 posts

Hello again...

As per usual, top work on the updates and app as a whole. I'm having a few teething troubles with the auto BI, as I noticed a frew days back I'd apparently had 4 doses instead of the usual 2... Oops. That'll teach me to be such a lazy beggar. Heheh!

One thing I have noticed is that the bedtime feature - which works an absolute treat - isn't implemented on the results table online, so if you hit the pit at say 3am and test at the time, it still shows as the following day on your result table.

By no means a big thing, but can be a bit confusing if you aren't aware of the fact when you hand your sheets to your doctor.

Cheers!!!

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Thunderbolt,

Fair point about the site not reflecting the same bedtime as the app - I'm focusing on getting the app stable at the moment (we may have some good news on the in-app carb counting too so watch this space). With a busy day job schedule this means not much time to update the site. Rest assured it is our plan to release a new (better looking) version of the site in the not too distant future, with enhanced diary and other features.

On the auto-populate for BI, is there anything I can do to improve it for you?

Simon

Dr Jez McCole DAFNE Graduate
11 posts

Simon, the app is a treat to use; simple, effective and a great way to get the momentum back into carb counting. I believe the summary section is where the real potential lies, over and above what DAFNE can do in a paper diary. One simple idea (not so sure how simple it may be to implement) would be for the summary section to have some lines that split data by entry type, eg,
PAST 7 DAYS: (and then 14 and then 2Cool
BREAKFAST AVERAGE 5.5
LUNCH AVERAGE 5.5
DINNER AVERAGE 5.5
BEDTIME AVERAGE 6.5

perfect diary that one, just like mine Smile

I like the current summaries and think they should stay, but data like the above can help someone think about ratios.

Thanks again Simon.
As a Doctor working in Primary Care and Diabetes I'd like to talk with you at some point about the wider platform development of this app and looking at some cetral funding somehow. I seriously see this as a way forward for the DAFNE program as a whole.

Jez

28 posts

Cheers Simon...

To be honest it's probably just me as I still can't seem to get into the habit of putting my needles in my pocket when I leave the house - or my blood test kit for that matter. If anything I'd suggest an option for auto-fill in the settings section similar to the one you did for bedtimes. Or maybe even (tech ignorance follows) a method of having the space blank until you tap BI and then it fills it in itself according to what's in the individuals settings. If I think of anything I'll let you know, but as I say, the way things are now are ace.

The app v site bedtime thing isn't much of a problem as such. I just wanted to raise the subject to warn anyone doing a last minute print before a clinic visit. I was just assuming everyone else was as disorganised as me!?! Heheh!

Re Dr Jez comments... Sounds like a stonking idea. Whatever you both decide I wish you well. Perhaps we could also look at providing diabetics with FREE iphones. Or is that pushing it a bit?