DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

ThunderBolt DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
28 posts

You'll have to be sure your account details are entered as well (Username and password). This is so you don't have to log in and manually upload. If you're connected to the interwobble everything goes through automatically.
You do this in the settings section as well!

gasmark 2 posts

Thanks thunderbolt now sorted
Mark

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Thunderbolt - thanks for your technical support, we can't monitor the site 24/7 so keep up the good work Smile

"Further to the start/end day idea, would it be better to have a button - if that's the right word - to start or end a days entry?"

This would be quite difficult to implement, based on my knowledge of how the data is stored in the iPhone, however as an interim I can put in the option to set the 'Start/End of day' setting so you can specify that for all entries. I'll investigate to see if there is a more long-term solution as you have suggested above.

ThunderBolt DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
28 posts

No problem at all Simon. I'm always getting asked for tech support from family and rarely know the answer. It makes a pleasant change.   Besides I don't sleep much. Heheh. 

As for the start & end business the time setting is more than sufficient. The button idea was just a spur of the moment thought and I don't have any programming knowledge so I had no idea of what's hard and what's even harder. 

I'm beginning to see a few patterns emerging now thanks to the app and logging. I just need to suss how to act on them now. 

joasa404 DAFNE Graduate
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
1 post

Hi, are you planning to release a Android App in addition to the DAFNE Online iPhone app?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

yes, we hope to do an android version. However how soon it will be available depends on how quickly I learn how to do it and then implement it. Hopefully this will be in the not too distant future, but I can't make any guarantees exactly when.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi All, the latest update (DAFNE Online 1.1) is now on the app store - with the following updates:

• Modified BG, QA, CP entry to use custom keyboards for ease of use.
  • Summary view for Blood Glucose Diary, showing: 1. BG averages 2. Total Daily Dose (TDD) averages 3. Number of corrective doses at mealtimes
  • Diary Entry Types now ordered by time of day rather than alphabetically
  • App now guesses Diary Entry Type depending on time of day.
  • Fixed bug where the diary view wouldn't refresh if app left open overnight
  • Changed Target Min BG for 'Before Driving' to 5 as per DAFNE Principles

As always, let us know if you find any problems with the app, and rate it on the app store if you like it!

Simon

Dr Jez McCole DAFNE Graduate
11 posts

Excellent work simon. Really nicely incorporated tweaks and mods there. The keypad entry of BG and insulin doses is great. I think a new bug has appeared on the entry type list though; it won't let you scroll down without flicking back and so the lower entries are inaccessible (such as correctional). The predicting time of day feature is nice.
Thanks again
Jez

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Thanks Jez - I'll fix that one for the next update.

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Hi Simon

Also - if you edit and delete the title (or try to) View diary summary - it crashes