DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jennifer Iden DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals, Leicester
11 posts

Hi Simon

Ran the update yesterday and love the carb list - an excellent addition!

Jen

ThunderBolt DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust - Salford Royal Hospital
28 posts

Nice one Simon. Absolute star!

Connections all sorted, carb lists are ace... Faultless. I just need to get rid of half the bumph the kids install on their visits now and I'm done!

Dr Jez McCole DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
11 posts

Simon, this app is just too good to not go trans-platform and if that means we lobby for funding from the NHS via the DAFNE course organisers or from DiabetesUK to pay for your expert time to make it happen then that is what we do. From the perspective of a Dr working in diabetes and commissioning services for diabetes as well as from the perspective of a patient living with diabetes this app needs to be available to all the 250'000 people in this country who could be applying DAFNE principles with their mobile phone.
Simply excellent work

Jez

Guy 3 posts

Hi Simon
I have recently joined DafneOnline.co.uk and am really impressed.
I am an avid IPhone user, and like everyone in these forums had been looking for a DAFNE BG diary app. This app delivers!
I have a few suggestions for improvements:
1) the app on my Iphone is not displaying all the data which is shown on the DafneOnline site. Perhaps a synchronising issue?
2) a page in the app to show which version is installed
3) perhaps an extension of the CP list, to allow selection of items from the list to calculate your total CP for that meal, and to store the foods consumed at each meal for future revision.
Many thanks for providing such a great app.
Guy

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Thanks for your feedback guys - remember to rate the app on the store if you've not yet done so. In the next update I'll fix the BG/QA/CP entry to make it harder to switch tabs.

Guy, re your comments:

1. Do you mean whole diary entries aren't getting synced up? Or is it specific fields (i.e. Injection sites, Comments etc).
2. Yep, will do.
3. Sounds like a good idea, I'll look to put that one in too.

Simon

caroline15 DAFNE Graduate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
45 posts

The app only shows what you have actually input on the app, not all records. I wonder if that is what Guy means.

ytyynycefn DAFNE Graduate
Royal Glamorgan Hospital Diabetes Centre
9 posts

Hi Simon, would it be possible to add a way of putting our own foods in once we've calculated them from the nutritional info? For example there is just the option of "sugar free muesli" in the cereals list, but I'm sure most of us have a regular brand that may have it's own specific cp count. It would be great to add custom foods onto our own devices that we could refer back to. They could even be checked by another two members, say, and possibly then uploaded to the main database for everyone to access? It would save some time if you rely on your phone to calculate stuff rather than the paper system! I'd be happy to help out with testing.

Mel

Guy 3 posts

Thanks Caroline15 & Simon
Caroline15, you are correct I did mean that the app only shows data input into the app. It would be a great improvement to show all data though!

Guy

caroline15 DAFNE Graduate
Harrogate and District NHS Foundation Trust
45 posts

Hi Guy, you can get to see what the diary shows by going to the full website (link on the homepage of the app) but I agree it would be good to see other readings on the app itself.

Simon, when I am inputting the numbers I quite often accidentally hit the buttons on the bottom and go to settings or home etc. Is it possible to have a space between the numbers and the links so that my clumsy fingers don't hit them by mistake?

Caroline

ytyynycefn DAFNE Graduate
Royal Glamorgan Hospital Diabetes Centre
9 posts

Hi chaps, would it be possible to add some sort of function to keep a record of our hba1c results? Just a thought, it would be nice to keep all my diabetes info in one place :-)

Loving the app still!

Mel