DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Ha! Nice one Karl, I didn't think anyone would try that. Will also be fixed in the next update

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

Hi there

Many many thanks for the iphone app - I love it, it is so much easier to use than using the online version of this site - although that wasnt too hard.

I was going to suggest being able to set your BI level, just to save that tiny bit of time, but I see it has been suggested already.

Not sure if this is just me, but I am unable to add comments.

Anyway, once again many thanks.

Simon

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

Another for you Simon

If you make an entry - say 7CP 10 QA it calculates 1.6:1

if you then - change it to 8CP ( had a little extra :-) ) 12QA it stays at 1.6:1 (should be 1.5:1)

Dr Jez McCole DAFNE Graduate
11 posts

Developments and updates really making the app quicker and easier to use thanks Simon. The recalculation of the ratio would be a good tweak.
The summary stats are really nice. Any chance of average by entry type, such as average before lunch, average before tea etc? Thanks. I'm DAFNE'ing again!!
Jez

Jennifer Iden DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals, Leicester
11 posts

Upgrade to the the iPhone ap makes recording so much simpler, thanks! Although like Karl, I have found that if I change my insulun intake the ratio doesn't update unless I delete the entry and submit a second time...

Karl DAFNE Graduate
83 posts

Have to congratulate you on this app - by far the most used app on my phone (even more than angry birds :-)) - the keypad entry changed it totally for me. Not using my written diary anymore.

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

now come on Karl, your just being silly now. I rate Simons abilties but more than angry birds ? Its just not possible to use anything more than
that unless of course you have completed ALL the levels ;^)

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

The latest version of the app (1.1.1) is now on the app store, fixing some of the above bugs. This new version:

• Added the ability to specify when you go to bed, so that bedtime entries will appear in the correct diary day.
  • Also fixed the following two bugs:
  • Users couldn't view the last entries in the list of diary entry types
  • The app would crash if the user tried to delete the first row in the diary view (link to summary).
Let us know if you find any problems with it. Also if you do like the app, please remember to rate it on the app store!

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

A question for you guys - how do you want the app to populate the BI value? There's a couple of ways that I can think of:

1. Add a field to each of the entry types in the target page, allowing you to specify the default BI for that time of day
2. The app can automatically look up your last used BI for that entry type and populate the field with that

Any thoughts on the above options?

Karl DAFNE Graduate
83 posts

Auto populate gets my vote - they if you have adjusted - you don't have to remember to change the default - one other bug not sure if it was there before or a new one - if you press the + for a new diary entry then the cancel it still does an entry