DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

MJChick DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hi, apologies if this has been asked previously and I've missed the post.

But if you add entries to your diary using the website, does the database automatically update the summary on the iPhone app next time you log in. I have just put in a weeks information and the data hasn't been updated on my iPhone.

Thanks

Marcus

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi MJChick,

Not yet - we're working on that one.

Thanks,

Simon

jcarney 1 post

Hello,

A thousand thanks for the app. I am in australia too though did DAFNE in ireland. In both places carbohydrates / 100 grams was the measure. CP's are just carbohydrates/grams divided by 10 arent they?

Can you adjust the value by having a multiplier which corresponds to the unit you wish to use? Ie per grams per 100g or g/mL or in CP's (or pounds if you wanted)? This would allow international flexibility.

Expanding the carbohydrate list would be brilliant. Storage volume of databases is minimal and there is lots in the iphone, so my suggestion is a very long and comprehensive list.

Also having a few (30?) entries which you could manually list the name and carbohydrate content would be great. That way for example I can put the sandwiches at work in, the usual pasta that I use, recipes at home... ect. Being a person that eats a good deal of "non standard" food this option would be better than trying to enter it into a central database which from what I understand would need a DAFNE stamp of approval to be associated with the app.

Having said that a wiki style food carbohydrate database philosphically and practically makes the most sense. If that wiki list would have carbohydrate value that could be used by the app and kept in the iphone or updated when needed... that would be perfect.

kind regards,

john

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi all - the latest version of the app (1.4) is now on the app store, with the following new features:

• Two way diary synchronization - app now downloads new and updated entries from DAFNE Online site
  • Users can now select between the UK and Australian Carbohydrate Portion lists
  • New diary entry types (Background Insulin, During Exercise and During Night)
  • Diary summary will show breakdown of Injection Site usage
  • Diary summary shows corrective dosage split by + / -

Tony 3 posts

Cheers simon, thats brill

MikeH DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
9 posts

thanks i just cant say thanks enough.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Tony, Mike - you are most welcome.

A number of users have reported crashes - unfortunately I can't diagnose and fix these unless I can see your device crash logs. Most people turn these off as they don't want to submit information to Apple, however it's the only real way I can access crash logs and fix the crashes. Don't worry about turning this on - none of your private data will be shared with Apple, only the logs for each application, if it crashes.

To do this, follow the instructions in the following link: How can I send you a crash report

Thanks, Simon

John Stevens DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Geelong, Victoria
9 posts

Hi Simon,
Thanks for all the work. I have it and will give you feedback next week. In the meantime, I have an archive of crash reports to send to you, but I am not sure if posting it to MapMyFitness forum will get to you. Let me precisely how to get it to you, and I will.
Thanks again, and Cheers

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi John,

Good point - I should have said only follow point 1, and they will automatically get sent to me by Apple. Please don't post your crash reports to the MapMyFitness Forum! If you have an archive already please email them to me ([email protected])

Thanks,

Simon

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Great App, I'm finding it very uselful, the diary alone kicks the ass of every other diabetes app I've used.

Just wondering if it will be possible in the future to add my own data for foods to the carb counting database?
The ability to use portions of 100g would be great as well, I just tend to prefer that to CPs.

Thanks

Chris