DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Thanks for noticing the problem with Chocolate, I have fixed it on the site. I await advice on how the apps get corrected as its not my area.

Faulty Headl... DAFNE Graduate
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
18 posts

Smile I am now using the DAFNE iphone ap and so far so good. I am a blind user and I'm using the voice over feature on my apple devices and it is working a treat. I've tried out 4 other different aps for recording sugars, carbs and so on and this is by far the best. Most of the other aps don't have all the buttons tagged so I'm only getting a sound that lets me know there is a button but not telling me what that button is, so well done for having that sorted!!

Only think i'm having bother with is uploading and downloading my results. I have half online and half on my iphone but they won't sink half the time. could these buttons both be moved? like to the home page to the top corners or somewhere where they are easier and quicker to find. I know for sighted users this might be easy. Oh and perhaps some sort of sound that lets you know it has been successful.

Thanks for listening.

Julie

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Julie,

It's good to know the app works for our blind users as well so thanks for letting us know.
Have you enabled the Diary Upload function on the settings page? If so then a popup window should come up with any problem information for the uploads and downloads; does the iPhone read this out to you?

Simon

Kahanamoku DAFNE Graduate
Monash Health Community, Victoria
8 posts

Sorry for Cross Posting but...

Would be nice if we could add our own Foods to the CP list.
So that we can add our typical take out meals etc. such as KFC, Subway etc. etc.

That way we wont need to have an internet connection when trying to calculate our CP's, we just need the offline database on our phone.

Similar to the way the Carbohydrate Portion List handbook has a notes section for your own foods.

Cheers,

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Kahanamoku said:
Sorry for Cross Posting but...

Would be nice if we could add our own Foods to the CP list.
So that we can add our typical take out meals etc. such as KFC, Subway etc. etc.

That way we wont need to have an internet connection when trying to calculate our CP's, we just need the offline database on our phone.

Similar to the way the Carbohydrate Portion List handbook has a notes section for your own foods.

Cheers,

I take it you're not on the iPhone version? This is available for the iPhone and is looking to be added to the Android version soon.

Phil

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
68 posts

Yesterday I noticed there was an update to the iphone/ipod app. I have downloaded this, but can't see any difference. What does this update do that's different please? Also, I've not had any response to my last posting about the auto calculate QA subject. Has anyone read it & is there anything we can do about this?

194 posts

Under carbs in the iPhone app is a + in the top corner for adding your own foods, they then get listed in 'Show mine', it will also be under the category you pick like fruit, you can choose it as a favourite or not too, I just use the fact it is in 'Show mine'.

Hope this makes sense and helps.

Phil

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
68 posts

Thanks Phil - I didn't notice this because I only use the carb counting bit occasionally. If we add our own, does everyone get to see what we've added or is it our own private list like e.g. "Mum's cakes"?

194 posts

Annette Bell said:
Thanks Phil - I didn't notice this because I only use the carb counting bit occasionally. If we add our own, does everyone get to see what we've added or is it our own private list like e.g. "Mum's cakes"?

I would hope its just private, no ones complained about any of my wierd labels coming up Very Happy

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

I can confirm that carbs you add in the app are kept on your phone - no uploading to the website. Whenever we release a new version of the app we fill in the 'What's New' section on the app store so that you can see what's changed in this update.