Iphone Apps

57 posts, 19 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

my lifescan meter works fine under windows 7. I used to have Roche Accu-Check meter and SW but gave up on that years ago since I could never get it to work reliably
and they never seemed to support it. If you want specific help you need to tell us what blood meter you have.

Neil Brown DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
28 posts

I use the DAFNE app on I phone it's is basic but gives enough info to get by

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
Guy's and St Thomas' Hospital
23 posts

I have recently tried to use this app, having just bought an Iphone. Two questions-

1. It seems to be be impossible to enter any ratio other that 1:1. My ratio is 1.5:1. It just cancels the entry and goes back to 1:1 ratio each time. My iphone OS is the most recent.

2. Is there any way to upload the readings that you have entered to a computer? So that they can be printed to make it easier for a doctor to look at?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Mark,

1. Make sure you press 'Done' on the popup keyboard after you enter the ratio - this should save it for you, let me know if thet's not the case.

2. You can upload the entries to this site, and the diary display on the site can be viewed in a printer friendly format, and you can also use the charts to show trends etc - is this what you are looking for?

Thanks,

Simon

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
23 posts

Ok the ratio's do work with pressing "done". Was confused because I assumed that "done" would take me out of the page altogether. Thanks

"You can upload entries to this site". Done a fair amount of exploring and cannot figure out how to do this - how does it work? Im assuming that "download entries from site" does it the other way, and takes entries from the site and downloads them onto the iphone. I want to do it the other way if possible.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Yep, you can do it the other way - if you go to the settings page enter your DAFNE Online username and password in the Credentials bit (make sure you press done on the keyboard to save it) and then make sure te Diary Upload setting (below them) is set to on. Then, whenever you save an entry in the phone (by adding a new one or updating an existine one) it will be uploaded to the site. You can then see the site diary by clicking the My Blood Glucose Diary link which appears in the toolbox in the top right of the page when you are logged in.

Mark2 DAFNE Graduate
23 posts

Yes, this all seems to work very well! I think this is going to be very useful for me. Main advantage - a very easy to use interface, just takes a few clicks to save your readings. Calculates your doses based on any ratio - which is also a huge advantage for me. Never been a fan of taking around booklets, pens and calculators, this is very difficult in my line of work. So next time I will have something to show the doctor. Something like this I've been looking for for years actually. Thanks for your work Simon.