Iphone Apps

57 posts, 19 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Luggerz 10 posts

Just wondered if anyone has any good Iphone Apps to help with Carb Counting? I use Track 3 to keep track of my bloods and insulin doses but the food section on that is poor to say the least for UK Peeps.

Marc

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Marc, I'm currently working on an iPhone version of DAFNE Online, which will contain the site's carb list and diary functions - this should be arriving in the next couple of months so watch this space!

Luggerz 10 posts

Ace what about also including something so it can work the amount of Insulin you should take. Ie when you know your ratio is 10 g of carbohydrate to 1.5 units of insulin and also any correction doses etc. Just a thought. But maybe I'm being lazy.

Marc

angelaallison 7 posts

Hi Simon,

Fantastic, I currently use carbfinder application on my iphone. Its helpful but very American!! You can add your own items which is a great feature. It is our 9 year old daughter who has Type1 and she loves using it as it makes her more independant.

Looking forward to your application.

Angela

angelaallison 7 posts

Hi Simon,

Also novo nordisk have an application for HbA1a converter, which is useful, maybe someone could combine all the applications.

Can we help with the testing in any way?

Angela.

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

insulin for the iphone / touch does the insulin calculation / correction dose

angelaallison 7 posts

Hi Karl,

No it doesn't work out insulin correction dose. However there is another iphone application that does, called insulin calculator. You have to put in target BG, actual BG, corrective ratio and if you have eaten carbs.

Not sure if you have this.

carbfinder just gives approx carbs in food.

Angela

angelaallison 7 posts

Hi Karl,

Think I miss read your post, one of those ad days lol. Realised you were trying to help. Claudia's pump works out correction so I only use carbfinder.

Angela

Karl DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
83 posts

its insulin on the screen - full name is insulin calculator you put in target - corrective factor - carb factor - bg and carbs and it tells you what insulin is needed

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Not sure you can test it as I have to get it approved on the app store, so you can't test until it's available for download, if you see what I mean. The exception to this is getting an 'Enterprise' developer account which costs £300 with Apple so it's something I just can't afford. Plus - if it's on the app store it will be advertising for this site.

Let me know what other features you guys need and I'll try and get them in. Those already mentioned seem pretty do-able. In the meantime you are able to access this site's CP list through the browser on your phone, especially formatted for display on small screens (obviously you need an internet connection for this though)