Android app

50 posts, 21 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Eugene DAFNE Graduate
Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
27 posts

I have now added user name and password,checked the box for uploading.So hopefully this will allow me to have record of my readings on line as well as on the app. Prefer recording readings on app as I didn't keep accurate or regular records in diary .As I almost always have phone with me or close by,my records are far more accurate and up to date.

Tricki said:
Eugene.
The app is usually set up to update automatically, you have to make sure that the user name and password are entered in the settings.
To update manually, goto the Entries view, and press the menu button on your phone, there is an option to upload.

Liking the app, seems easier to add and has all the things I need, the only problem I'm having is downloading entries from the website to my phone. which comes up with an error message and crashes the app.

Another post I read said it was to do with missing options for entry type on the app. Its fixed for the iphone, how soon will it be fixed on android? Am going on holiday in a few months, and would find it useful to have an off-line record with out having to mess with exporting records and the like.

Hughesy DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
6 posts

Hi,

Please Help! Crying or Very sad

I encountered a problem with my HTC Wildfire android phone for the first time yesterday, on attempting to download entries to my phone i am getting the following error message Sorry! the application DAFNE online (PROCESS.DAFNEONLINE.ANDROID) Has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close or Report

I cleared my data from the phone (i know i shouldn't have now), checked all my settings - they all appear ok. i have tried this constantly over the last 2 days to download my entries from the last month without any luck.

I managed to download yesterdays and todays but nothing before.

Thanks

Can you advise

Tricki DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
5 posts

Hughesy:
I think it's related to what I said before - on another thread http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/forums/5/topics/1470?page=3#post_10810 Simon posted than some entry types are on the website, but not the database for the app, so it causes problems.

If you have any of the following entry types, it might crash.
After Breakfast
After Dinner
After Lunch
Before Supper
After Supper
Illness
Fasting

You could test to see if that's the problem by altering the last days results on the web page and then downloading only the last day's on the app. I tested it and it works fine if you don't have any of those entry types.

Hopefully the app will be updated soon. The iphone version was changed in march and works, just have to wait for them to get round to the android version.

Hughesy DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
6 posts

Tricki,

Thank you so much for your response, i deleted after supper and after lunch entries and it is now working again - Phew! Very Happy

Tricki DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
5 posts

Hughesy said:
Tricki,

Thank you so much for your response, i deleted after supper and after lunch entries and it is now working again - Phew! Very Happy

Glad to help. Just avoid those settings on the webpage and it should work. Have contacted the maker of the app, and he's aware of the problem so will get a fixed version at some point.

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Hi,

Tricki emailed me about this and looking in the recent error reports the problem is indeed that the Android code is breaking because of these new entry types. I'll post a fixed version this weekend.

Keith

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

I've published the new version of the app, 1.2.280, that fixes this problem by supporting the new entry types on https://play.google.com/ (the new name for Android Market). Note that it takes a while for the new version to show up on the site.

Note you can check the version of the app you are running by scrolling to the bottom of the "settings" page.

Keith

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I've become a regular user of the Android app since I got my first Smartphone in December. Smile I am very impressed; however, since I upgraded my phone's operating system (to Android 4.0.3.) recently, the DAFNE app has been crashing everytime I do a diary entry. Thankfully it still sends the information through to both the app and the site still but it is a bit annoying to have to keep reopening it when you're not finished using it.

My phone is a HTC Sensation if it helps to know that too, just in case its not happening on other models.

Thanks!

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

The best way for me to start looking into this is if you reproduce the error and then choose the "Report" option (so that error information is recorded that I can access; note that its a code stack trace that is recordeed not any data you enter) and then add a reply here containing the date and time that you did this. This wil allow me to distinguish between your error and others that get reported (such as network failures).

Sorry this is going wrong,
Keith

PS Just tried the app on my daughter's Samsung Nexus running Android 4.0.4 and the upload worked ok. So its probably not an Android version issue - still need the report as above.

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Here we go, just sent it right now... Added ~JWo to help identify. Time sent was 18.57. Feel free to ask me to do it again. Smile