Android app

50 posts, 21 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi all,

We're in need of some beta testers for the Android app, which works on Android 2.1+ As testers you'd be required to feed back on the following things

• Does the app crash (+when)
  • Is it user friendly
  • What could be improved

Please also note that as it is a pre-release version, it may be buggy and have the occasional crash, so be prepared for this.

The idea is that we would send you over the beta version, give you a week to play with it, and then ask for your feedback after the week has passed.

If you feel you can help out, and would be willing to provide feedback, drop me an email at [email protected]

Simon

Guy Kramer DAFNE Graduate
12 posts

Hello Simon,

I have sent an email to offer my services for testing the app, I also have experience with testing when working for software companies.

Regards
Guy

Steven DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust – North East Sector Hospitals
18 posts

Did this not come through?!!? Shocked

If possible please could we have BG figures within range highlighted in green, as on the website?

Thanks
Steven

12 posts

does anybody know were the data is stored in android? as the upload option fails every time I try it and I need to install a new ROM.

Please can somebody advise

Thanks
Guy

12 posts

does anybody know were the data is stored in android? as the upload option fails every time I try it and I need to install a new ROM.

Please can somebody advise

Thanks
Guy

rusty28 3 posts

Hi I am a DAFNE graduate from last year and until now have used On Track app while waiting for this one. I downloaded it yesterday and it seems to work fine except for a couple of annoying things: cannot find a way to delete a wrong entry if as I did yestterday the decimal point did not register meaning a 63 instead of 6.3, and the keypad on the screen changes from numeris to alfa-numeric when entering BG, CP etc., one last thing is can you email your readings summaries to yourself for printing as you can with On Track where it comes in csv or as a Html with a graph?

Thanks

Russell

WayneS DAFNE Graduate
University Hospital of Derby & Burton NHS FT
1 post

Simon said:
Hi all,

We're in need of some beta testers for the Android app, which works on Android 2.1+ As testers you'd be required to feed back on the following things

• Does the app crash (+when)
  • Is it user friendly
  • What could be improved

Please also note that as it is a pre-release version, it may be buggy and have the occasional crash, so be prepared for this.

The idea is that we would send you over the beta version, give you a week to play with it, and then ask for your feedback after the week has passed.

If you feel you can help out, and would be willing to provide feedback, drop me an email at [email protected]

Simon

Hi Simon,

I mailed you on 19th August but haven't heard anything, my husband and I are still very happy to be a beta testers for you.

Kerry & Wayne

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Kerry and Wayne,

I'm really sorry - it seems your email address was translated wrongly when I shared it with Keith, our Android developer so you didn't get the beta test email.

Having said that, you can now download the app from this link

As ever your feedback is most appreciated, and sorry again for the confusion.

Simon

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
19 posts

rusty28 said:
Hi I am a DAFNE graduate from last year and until now have used On Track app while waiting for this one. I downloaded it yesterday and it seems to work fine except for a couple of annoying things: cannot find a way to delete a wrong entry if as I did yestterday the decimal point did not register meaning a 63 instead of 6.3, and the keypad on the screen changes from numeris to alfa-numeric when entering BG, CP etc., one last thing is can you email your readings summaries to yourself for printing as you can with On Track where it comes in csv or as a Html with a graph?

Hi Russell,

You can edit (or delete) the entries from the entries icon, a long press on the entry in question will bring up a menu offering you the option to edit or delete.
As far as I know you can't email your information, but you can upload/sync it to the dafneonline.co.uk site (only visible to you). From there you may be able to get the information you are after.

Regards, John

rusty28 3 posts

John Syer said:

rusty28 said:

Hi Russell,

You can edit (or delete) the entries from the entries icon, a long press on the entry in question will bring up a menu offering you the option to edit or delete.
As far as I know you can't email your information, but you can upload/sync it to the dafneonline.co.uk site (only visible to you). From there you may be able to get the information you are after.

Regards, John

thanks for your help John

Russell