Android app

50 posts, 21 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

rusty28 3 posts

Simon said:
Hi all,

We're in need of some beta testers for the Android app, which works on Android 2.1+ As testers you'd be required to feed back on the following things

• Does the app crash (+when)
  • Is it user friendly
  • What could be improved

Please also note that as it is a pre-release version, it may be buggy and have the occasional crash, so be prepared for this.

The idea is that we would send you over the beta version, give you a week to play with it, and then ask for your feedback after the week has passed.

If you feel you can help out, and would be willing to provide feedback, drop me an email at [email protected]

Simon

Hi Simon

I would like to help by giving you feedback on the app.

Russell

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Beta stage is over Russell,

You can download the first release from the android market, you can still give feedback and report any problems you encounter in the forum............... Cool

Libby DAFNE Graduate
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
5 posts

I am totally loving the android app - thank you clever app designer people!

Two quick queries -

1. It is possible to amend entries online, is it possible to do this in the app? And if not could this (and deleting entries) be considered for future development?

2. When I uploaded my entries it said that there weren't any, but it actually uploaded them (unless I misunderstood what it said) - has anyone else come accross this?

Thanks!

Libby

Libby DAFNE Graduate
5 posts

Sorry, one more!

When I downloaded the entries I had amended/deleted the amendment downloaded fine into the app, but the deleted entry is still there in my app although it is not in my online diary.

Thanks!

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
19 posts

Libby said:
1. It is possible to amend entries online, is it possible to do this in the app? And if not could this (and deleting entries) be considered for future development?
2. When I uploaded my entries it said that there weren't any, but it actually uploaded them (unless I misunderstood what it said) - has anyone else come accross this?

Hi Libby,
You can edit (or delete) the entries from the entries icon, a long press on the entry in question will bring up a menu offering you the option to edit or delete.
I have noticed that the count of entries seems not to be accurate, you may also notice that the listed time frame is not accurate either (when uploading a week's worth of data or longer). From what I can tell, the app breaks the information to upload into blocks and uploads them. The details shown in the information box seem to be related to internal working counters and perhaps not relevant to the user.
Regards, John

Libby DAFNE Graduate
5 posts

Oh my word, I feel so silly now, I am sure I tried that... Oh well! Thank you for the clarification!

Harry DAFNE Graduate
4 posts

Hi Simon,

A great app! We are all grateful to you!

If you care, there is a minor bug for your attention... If you're trying to manually upload records that are in a shorter period that the one you choose, the app crashes (to illustrate, suppose that I am using the app for only 4 days and I am trying to upload manually the last week). Not a huge bug, but there you are!

Best,
Harry

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Harry,

There is a known bug that is fixed in the latest version (1.1.274 that you should get an automatic prompt to update to) relating to QA or BG or CP values of the form "+2" or "-1" where the app crashes on a manual upload. That may be the problem you are seeing rather than a problem relating to the upload period. So please try the new version of the app.

Keith

Eugene DAFNE Graduate
Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
27 posts

I record my entries only on my App, can I transfer them to DAFNE on line ?
If so, how Smile

Tricki DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
5 posts

Eugene.
The app is usually set up to update automatically, you have to make sure that the user name and password are entered in the settings.
To update manually, goto the Entries view, and press the menu button on your phone, there is an option to upload.

Liking the app, seems easier to add and has all the things I need, the only problem I'm having is downloading entries from the website to my phone. which comes up with an error message and crashes the app.

Another post I read said it was to do with missing options for entry type on the app. Its fixed for the iphone, how soon will it be fixed on android? Am going on holiday in a few months, and would find it useful to have an off-line record with out having to mess with exporting records and the like.