Dafne app on android

15 posts, 12 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

It's been an issue for years. I moved to a different app with proper support in the end.

Kalps DAFNE Graduate
North East London NHS Foundation Trust (Havering and Redbridge)
3 posts

JayBee said:
It's been an issue for years. I moved to a different app with proper support in the end.

Hi Jay

Please can you tell me what app you use

Thanks pal
Kalps

Daven52 DAFNE Graduate
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Simon said:
Hi, unfortunately there isn't currently one available on the Google Play store - the previous version was developed by a volunteer (as it the rest of the site by MarkE and myself) who wasn't able to maintain it anymore. Mark is looking at developing a new version but he needs to teach himself Android development, as well as manage the site and his day job. I have experience with IOS and that's why that app is regularly updated. If anyone wants to help us out with Android app development we would be grateful for the support!

I would like to help out with developement of the Android DAFNE app have done some developement on Android devices, but has been a few years as I am retired so have time on my hand.

Andybanshee 1 post

Such a shame the Android version disappeared. I recently set up an old phone as a monitor and found the Android app still on it. It appears to work as a standalone. I understand that to maintain it takes time and knowledge.

I hope someone can assist.

Daven52 DAFNE Graduate
Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

It still can be found online but not on the Playstore. I did download it to see what it was like and it looks OK. It does need updating and the code for this is available on github. Will take a look at this to see what I can do.