Dafne app on android

15 posts, 12 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

hamisharchie DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust – North East Sector Hospitals
2 posts

Why can't I find the Dafne app on Google play anymore. Had my phone replaced after a theft and now I can't find the Dafne app. Is it still available?
I can't always get a decent WiFi to access the food diary online.

Nat-Sav DAFNE Graduate
Bromley Healthcare CIC
15 posts

I have the same problem. I am stuck without this app!

ChilliP DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
1 post

Hi, sorry I am new here, but I will get round to introducing myself later on. I saw your post and just to update you that a manual search on Google Play and using the link provided on the homepage (which directs to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dafneonline.android) shows no results and the app is not found. I would say that either Google have pulled it or the app maker has. Crying or Very sad

landylara DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
14 posts

It must have been removed as I can't find it either Sad

hamisharchie DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust – North East Sector Hospitals
2 posts

Come on app developers, please reinstate the app for Android users or tell us where to find it.

Clare Mol68 DAFNE Graduate
East Lancashire Hospitals Diabetes Team
3 posts

I agree, it is frustrating that I have to have a link to the website on my phone which is fiddly and not user friendly at all Crying or Very sad

Hoddo DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
2 posts

If the DAFNE app is unavailable for Android users can anyone recommend an equivalent Android app
Thanks

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi, unfortunately there isn't currently one available on the Google Play store - the previous version was developed by a volunteer (as it the rest of the site by MarkE and myself) who wasn't able to maintain it anymore. Mark is looking at developing a new version but he needs to teach himself Android development, as well as manage the site and his day job. I have experience with IOS and that's why that app is regularly updated. If anyone wants to help us out with Android app development we would be grateful for the support!

Hoddo DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
2 posts

Thanks for your reply Simon. Guess I'll have to be patient

malvb DAFNE Graduate
Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Any news on the DAFNE app for Android users, please?