iPhone 6

27 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

jigme
University Hospital of Derby & Burton NHS FT
9 posts

having trouble logging in to this site on my iPhone 6 running iOS9, and on my computer (Firefox and Chrome on OS X 10.11) - keep getting server errors (not found, not responding, etc.). also, my DAFNE app keeps failing to login to upload results, though it does succeed occasionally. i've double-checked my network and my login credentials.

rimibar DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

Hi everyone,

I'm a recent "graduate" of the DAFNE scheme. At the end of the week we were provided with a login for DAFNE online which works - for the website. I also downloaded the app and have discovered that the the username and password which work fine on this site, are refused by the app. I use a fairly complex password - could this be causing the problem Question Are there characters which the app won't accept Question

Would much prefer to add my results through the app (suffer from geek-itis), so would appreciate some support with this.

Thanks

Richard

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

In theory the two should work the same and the authentication check is identical, I would suggest setting a simple password temporarily to see if it resolves the issue. I have also seen people add a space at the start of the username/password in the app that the website will not accept. So also try clearing both fields in the app and re-entering your credentials again. If you still experience issues please post the date and time you attempted to connect with the app so I can check in the logs to try to identify what is happening.

rimibar DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

marke said:
In theory the two should work the same and the authentication check is identical, I would suggest setting a simple password temporarily to see if it resolves the issue. I have also seen people add a space at the start of the username/password in the app that the website will not accept. So also try clearing both fields in the app and re-entering your credentials again. If you still experience issues please post the date and time you attempted to connect with the app so I can check in the logs to try to identify what is happening.

Hi Mark - it worked! Thanks. Very Happy

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi rimibar,

It sounds like your issue has now been solved, would you be willing to change your App Store review to reflect this?

Thanks,

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Also if you can please let us know which special characters you were using in your password (not the whole password for security reasons) so we can check to see if the app needs updating to work with them.

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Cheers!