Greggs baguette sandwiches

13 posts, 8 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

catherinesouth DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
4 posts

Hi I'm a new dafne grad.

Finding I've got know problem with labelled foods, but struggled yesterday with a greggs crusty baguette ham and coleslaw . Had to guess using pics from carbs and cals book .
Does anyone know roughly how many cp's .

Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

When you're next in Greggs, ask them for their nutritional information leaflet. I did hope that they had a PDF version on their website but because foods vary in their shops (apparently), they only give out the leaflet they hand out in local shops.

Sadly I cannot see your particular bagette on my local store's leaflet... they only show for me:

Chicken Club (77g)
Honey roast ham and mature cheddar cheese (69.5g)
Mexican bandit (84.5g)
Tuna crunch (7.6.5g)

You may have been okay assuming something like 7CP based on these numbers... and making a note of it for next time in case it wasn't quite right and so you can tweek it.

Can always trust the eat-out option to be a pain in the bum, eh? Hope you enjoyed your food! Smile

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, there is a link in the Carb Counter, Carb links on this site to a Greggs PDF of bagettes etc. It is from August2010 but still seems to work and I guess is still largely correct.

richard_g DAFNE Graduate
Northumbria Healthcare Trust
14 posts

Greggs web site has a pdf nutritional guide but I couldn't identify your particular baguette. The sandwiches listed are typically 4 to 5 CPs. http://www.greggs.co.uk/assets/Uploads/NutritionalInfo-July2011.pdf

NuMo DAFNE Graduate
Humber Teaching NHS Foundation Trust
28 posts

Welcome to Dafne Catherine.

Yes baguettes are a problem. It's surprising isn't it, when they are so popular, that they are not included in the listings.

catherinesouth DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
4 posts

Many thanks to everyone for your replies.

Very grateful

landylara DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
14 posts

I was told if i didnt know what thw carb value was to look at it in pieces like in a garlic bread size piece then just add it up. It seems to have worked for me so far. Smile

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

Thanks for posting the PDF, I'll be adding that to my phone! I wonder why I could not find it... Oh well! Thanks again! Smile

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

I have updated the link to Greggs on the carb links page in the carb counting section to reference the new PDF above. Please do add links to the links page as and when you find them

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

They have an app now that's free. Got it for my iphone over the weekend. It's a very good one in terms of all the products and nutritional information.