White Bread or Brown?

17 posts, 11 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

meltow said:
I buy my bread from an artisan bread maker; one of his best sellers is a Marmite Loaf. SUPERB, served warm with a big pat of butter!

That sounds sooooo good

Chchch
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
17 posts

I've found over the years that most bread spikes me, but have recently discovered Bergen bread(mentioned previously - I'm obviously well behind!) and it causes NO SPIKES WHATSOEVER! Amazing stuff.

jgibson1962 29 posts

Marmite is disgusting yuk yuk yuk.........

Long live Brown Bread.... Very Happy

Ladybob DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

Spread the white bread with marmite, dip it egg beaten with a little milk. Fry both sides in a LITTLE olive oil, season and eat MMMmmmmmmmm!!!

Apart from that I can take or leave both white and wholemeal ... not fussed Rolling Eyes

Eugene DAFNE Graduate
Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
27 posts

I rarely if ever eat white bread, simply because 99% of it has no nutritional value. I love whole meal, or whole grain loaf. I think the slow release ,definately helps my sugars.

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I eat what I like and I prefer white over brown any day. I don't like the taste of seeded bread either.

vaughanie DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
5 posts

Marmite and Bovril are the Devil's work..!

Granary bread however, till the cows come home. My favourite is Seed Sensation by Hovis but will buy others if that is sold out. White bread I am sorry but holds about as much delight as chewing cardboard which funnily enough, eating white bread closely resembles. Very Happy