Android App

42 posts, 19 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Damo8 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
9 posts

Thanks keith, makes a lot more sense to me now.

Hornet DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
3 posts

Is the app only available on Android Market, as i dont believe that its possible to download apps for Nokia products from that site?

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
19 posts

Hi Hornet,

Hornet said:
Is the app only available on Android Market, as i dont believe that its possible to download apps for Nokia products from that site?

I don't believe that there are any Nokia phones that use the Android operating system (unless they are well and truly hacked), so even if you could download it, you would not be able to run it.

Regards, John

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

My friend has a Nokia and its own app market doesn't offer much t be honest................Go Android.......... Smile

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

The reason to develop for Android is that it is the most popular smart phone operating system at the moment - see e.g. Android is smartphone king globally; tough fight on for No. 2 spot. But unfortunately if your phone is not running Android (or iOS the iPhone operating system) there is presently no DAFNE app for it.

Hornet DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
3 posts

Thanks for the info. I dont particularly want to go back to my Blackberry just to use the DAFNE android app, so will carry on accessing DAFNE on-line through the mobile net. The N8 camera beats any blackberry hands down, dont really want an iPhone either, they're too expensive and not robust enough, so can cope without the app for another 18months or so.

Widster DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals, Leicester
23 posts

Just wanted to day a big thankyou for developing this Android app. I have been struggling for the last few years with recording my entries in a paper diary. Just doesn't seem to work for me. I keep losing the diary, no pen, difficulty carrying everything etc. I always have my HTC Desire HD with me and it is so easy to use this app. My life is transformed! Thanks!

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

You are very welcome, though I think recording entries whether on paper or electronically will always be a chore. Incidentally I got an up to date copy of the CP booklet this week and it is getting pretty hefty so an electronic version of that data is making more sense too.

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

I'll fix this in the next few days, but at the moment if you input a corrected value such as "+4" then the app crashes when you try to upload the entry to the server. Inputting "0+4" instead will work and so is the work-around for now.

Thanks to Simon for tracking down the issue in the server logs.

Keith

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

The upgrade that fixes the problem - version 1.1.274 - is now available on the Android Market and existing users should be prompted to upgrade.