Android App

42 posts, 19 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Benkaze said:
can the app be used on the samsung wave

From a brief Google the Samsung Wave does not use Android so no this app will not run on that phone. (Android apps are written in Java, iPhone apps in Objective-C and BADA apps in C++ before you even get to the completely different set of APIs.) It may be that to cover most consumers an app will have to be ported to 3 or 4 or more phone operating systems, depending on how the market develops. For an app like the DAFNE app that means finding a volunteer developer for each operating system, as at commercial rates these ports would be many thousands of Euros each.

Benkaze DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
2 posts

KeithCl said:

Benkaze said:
can the app be used on the samsung wave

From a brief Google the Samsung Wave does not use Android so no this app will not run on that phone. (Android apps are written in Java, iPhone apps in Objective-C and BADA apps in C++ before you even get to the completely different set of APIs.) It may be that to cover most consumers an app will have to be ported to 3 or 4 or more phone operating systems, depending on how the market develops. For an app like the DAFNE app that means finding a volunteer developer for each operating system, as at commercial rates these ports would be many thousands of Euros each.

thanks for the info KeithtCl it really help and i have to make sure my next phone can get the app lol

Damo8 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
9 posts

Keith ,is it possible to transpose the entries page so that the display format mimics the diary?

Also my summary doesn't seem to be adding up my correction doses. Was wondering if it could be a bug or if I'm not entering them correctly. I've been adding them as separate entries and marking them with the correctional option in the pop up.

Cheers.

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Damo8 said:
is it possible to transpose the entries page so that the display format mimics the diary?

Do you mean have time going across and CP, BG, QA, BI going down? Or do you mean something else? Please be as specific as possible.

Damo8 said:
my summary doesn't seem to be adding up my correction doses

I have a passing test case for the summary logic that I think includes all the permutations but I may have missed something; can you supply an example of an entry that isn't correctly included?

Steven DAFNE Graduate
Northern Care Alliance NHS Foundation Trust – North East Sector Hospitals
18 posts

Hi,

If possible please could we have BG figures within range highlighted in green, as on the website?

Thanks
Steven

Damo8 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
9 posts

Hi Keith yes that's exactly what I meant. I see now that I've had a better look at the website itself that that's how out is in the blood glucose diary.

On the other point, my summary doesn't seem to be picking up anything for correctional. I have several in my diary but the summary shows 0 + 0 + 0/etc. Hope I'm not being daft and missing something here.

I had been splitting the entries when taking corrections. So had entered then for the same time. However I noticed that if you do this the second entry over rides the first and the data is lost. I'm guessing the date is the key field therefore must be unique. I've started adding the corrections in a couple of mins after the qa and bg.

John Syer DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
19 posts

Hi Damo8,

Damo8 said:
I had been splitting the entries when taking corrections. So had entered then for the same time. However I noticed that if you do this the second entry over rides the first and the data is lost. I'm guessing the date is the key field therefore must be unique. I've started adding the corrections in a couple of mins after the qa and bg.

I was on the beta test team so have had a bit longer to play with the app. I have been entering the correctional doses in the main entry i.e. Lunch QA=8+2. This then has the correct date/time stamp and shows up in the summary, and the +2 shows me that it is a correctional dose. This is how I was instructed to do it on my DAFNE course (Melbourne Australia).

Regards, John

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Damo8 said:
yes that's exactly what I meant. I see now that I've had a better look at the website itself that that's how out is in the blood glucose diary.

I just copied the diary entry layout from the iPhone app; I imagine the layout was chosen because of screen space issues, where for these mobile devices there are often only 320 pixels across compared to a computer screen that has 1024 pixels. That makes more than a few columns of output impossible to fit on the screen.

Damo8 said:

On the other point, my summary doesn't seem to be picking up anything for correctional

I'm having trouble reproducing you situation. First, the date/time is not the key so it should be possible to have multiple entries for the same date/time. I've just entered the following QA values over a couple of minutes to an empty database:
  • +2
  • 6+1
  • 8-1
and that yields:
  • TDD (BI + QA) Averages/Last 7 Days: 22.0 IU
  • Corrective QA Counts (7/14/30/90 Days)/Before Lunch: 2+2-/2+2-/2+2-/2+2-
These results are what I would expect: the average is the sum of all the numbers (because they are all from the same day) with the corrections (indicated by the + or - prefix) added or subtracted and the correction instance counts are correct whether the correction is entered on its own (e.g. +2) or at the same time as the non corrected value (e.g. 6+1).

Please supply complete detail of what you are doing so I can reproduce the problem.

Damo8 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
9 posts

Hi guys, I had not realised that I should use plus and minus symbols. So I will start using those. So my single entry corrections were just 2 rather than + 2.

So do the calculations only count those with sa prefix rather than taking the ones marked "correctional" via the drop down?

Regarding the missing ones with the same date and time. They were saved in my phone but not on the dafne web site. Maybe an upload problem but a bit of a coincidence. I'll be adding the correction along with the other stuff more using the prefix so problem solved anyway.

Cheers.

KeithCl DAFNE Graduate
St Columcille's, Dublin
43 posts

Damo8 said:
So do the calculations only count those with sa prefix rather than taking the ones marked "correctional" via the drop down?

Yes it is the + or - that is used as the indication that its a correction. Somewhere in the beta thread someone asked what the "Correctional" entry type was for and I had to answer that I did not know; the Android (and iPhone AFAIK) code does not perform any processing based on that value.

Although the Android code allows multiple entries to have the same date/time, I just tried an upload and it looks like this site does not as you discovered. So it may be that I should add some code to the phone to disallow the creation of multiple entries with the same date/time.