Android App

42 posts, 19 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Neil26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1 post

Hi,

will there be a DAFNE Online App for the Android Market now that the iPhone has one?

Cheers

julee mistry DAFNE Graduate
London North West University Healthcare NHS Trust
3 posts

hi i agree with the comment above. please could there be an app for my HTC legend phone. may help me rrcord my blood sugar readings and inform the team who look after me,

thanks

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, I think the answer is a tentative 'yes'. I plan to try and do a version of the app that will run on a number of phones including android. However its a question of time , since I have never written code for a mobile phone before its a new challenge and learning experience.
As soon as there is any news about the app I will post it in the Site Development forum.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

hey marke,

just thought I would add some more pressure to your busy life as now I am on tha android band wagon, specifically for the HTC Legend, its brilliant.........

chop....chop....lol

Alann DAFNE Graduate 12 posts

Another vote for an Android app

acl
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Very keen for the android and other apps: saw the iphone one on a friends phone and VERY tempted to swap to an iphone just to get it... Coming to the end of my contract in the next few months so would love to hear any news which might sway my decision about which phone to get next!

paraiceg DAFNE Graduate
Beaumont Hospital, Dublin
1 post

yea i love android cant wait for the app

Derek Brown DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
32 posts

I upgraded my basic handset to an Android powered Samsung Galaxy S and would love an app thats built around the site for input values.

I try using OnTrack but find it's interface awkward having to put in every single value i.e carbs, dose, BG etc. The graphs are nice and clear though Smile

So I also vote for an Android version of the iPhone app, when it's reasonable to have of course, it's great that Mark & Simon do it all in their own time but everyone deserves a little break at xmas.

Harry DAFNE Graduate
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
4 posts

Any news on the Android app for DAFNE?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry, its not going to be soon. I have just not had any time to work on it recently and not sure how soon I will be able to. If there are any
android developers who can help then great otherwise it will be when I can get the time to work on it.
sorry