upload error 503

11 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

AW3K DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
8 posts

hi , just tried to upload my results from my phone and i get an error message

operation failed with unexpected server response: code=503 reason= service temporarily unavailable detail =,

any ideas?

Thanks
Andy

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Andrew,

Could you let us know when you tried to upload your results, and which phone you are using to do it?

Over the past 24 hours we have been moving our servers so there may be a few hiccups - also feel free to try the upload again.

Thanks,

Simon

AW3K DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
8 posts

just tried again now same prob

with samsung galaxy ace , was working fine yesterday on 3g and wireless

only uploading 1 days worth about 6 entries i think it is

Andy

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi,

Is this related?

I am using the iPhone app (version 1.5.2 on iPhone 4 with iOS5.1) for my results and this morning (Mon 23rd April) it keeps moaning that my DAFNE Online credentials are incorrect, they have not changed, I have tried reentering them on the iPhone in case there was a time limit or something.

I can log in fine on the website, is the webservice down or moved?

Thanks

Phil Maskell

AW3K DAFNE Graduate
Mid Yorkshire Hospitals
8 posts

It seams to be working now thank you

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Phil/All,

We moved our servers yesterday - this requires us to 'tell the Internet' where dafneonline.co.uk is and this can take up to 48 hours to propagate across the whole of the Web. Keep on trying - if this persists for another 24 hours then let us know.

Simon

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Simon,

Thanks for the heads up.

Developer myself and guessed it was something to do with the move hence I added here for info.

Thanks

Phil

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Ah, so you'll understand what I mean when I say we updated our DNS records and it takes up to 48 hours to propagate Very Happy

Stew B DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
125 posts

I got a similar message a few minutes ago when I transfered my DAFNE diary entries for the last couple of days to the website using my iPhone 4s. I carried on regardless, so there are about 10 entries sitting on the phone which don't appear in the on-line diary. Assuming that being patient (not a strong point of mine) works, will the records upload or will I have to delete them from the iphone and enter them again?

Stew

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Stew,

You won't have to delete them, you might have to go into one of the entries and save it again that will trigger the upload again.

Simon