Download entries from site?

26 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Alan Jock Ni... DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
19 posts

Download entries from site not downloading to iPhone (the little circle continues to go round)

iPhone 3gs
OS - 5.01

The iPhone app is really great for when I'am out and about as it's always in my pocket and preferred over a paper diary. When I am at home/work I prefer to fill in the online diary as usually there is a PC in front of me and the iPhone could be on the docking station charging or playing music. I don't want to be filling in the diary entries twice so I would love to use the Download entries from site but nothing is happening, am I missing a setting somewhere?

Thank you.

Alan

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Have you entered and saved your user name and password for entries? This is separate from the user name and password to log in, although it is the same user name and password. I'm afraid it's gone 2.00 a.m. and I can't remember the procedure, but I'm sure you'll sort it out.

NHS Lanarkshire
19 posts

Have you entered and saved your user name and password for entries? This is separate from the user name and password to log in, although it is the same user name and password. I'm afraid it's gone 2.00 a.m. and I can't remember the procedure, but I'm sure you'll sort it out.

Do you mean the username & password in settings on the iPhone, (DAFNE Online Credentials) if it is I have done that.

Thank You.

Alan

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

hi, any idea how many entries you are trying to download and are you on WiFi or just the phones 3G signal ? Simon is the expert on this but he is currently on holiday until the middle of the week. I have just added a single entry on the site and downloaded it to my phone and it did it pretty quickly but I am on WiFi.
I suspect it is more likely the number of entries it is trying to sync but as I say Simon is the expert and we will probably have to wait for him to look into it.

NHS Lanarkshire
19 posts

Thanks for you reply Marke, I am on a WIFI but I will try and do it again tomorrow when I am on a 50mb connection. There is only one weeks worth of entries, I can wait for Simon to get back.

Thanks again.

Alan

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Alan,

I am assuming that the iphone app operates in a similar way to the Android app, which I use. I can't remember exactly what I did when I downloaded the app, all I can say is that when I upload/download entries the phone sends my username and password to the server without my intervention because it is held in store somewhere. If I want to use the site, I have to type in my username and password. I remember having to enter the un and password separately for entries during setup but I can't remember how or why. Sorry!

Roger

NHS Lanarkshire
19 posts

Thanks Ahmentep, I am sure the apps for the iPhone & Android are much the same, you can see below my screen grabs from the iPhone, all to me are how they should be.

1. My Username and password are saved in the settings.
    2. The red arrow points to the status but it keeps going round.
    3. My username and password must be correct as when you put in the wrong credentials you get a popup telling you they are wrong.

- -

Alan

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Have you tried reinstalling the app.......................?

NHS Lanarkshire
19 posts

Yes done that and lost all my phone diary records, but they are on the site diary Laughing

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

How did the 50Mbit connection fair......................?

Whats your home connection?