Problems with Mozilla Firefox

12 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

derekh1965 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lothian
90 posts

Hi,
I have been having problems with Firefox. When adding a diary entry I get a message informing me the connection was reset and a buttton to try again. In the past it would load the page when I try again but now it just shows the message connection was reset.again. Don't know if it's anything in Firefoxs settins.
Can anyone help.

Regards
Derek

alturn DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
78 posts

I also use Firefox and DAFNE has been Ok ... but it sounds like a similar problem I've had with Argos site recently (other sites like BBC were fine), but Argos was Ok today when tried. My Firefox was updated recently, and was wondering if that was related. I don't remember having this problem before. My sister gets it frequently, she thinks it's related to their router/connection/ISP - very difficult to tell.

Could you try another browser?

Sorry can't help any further.

NHS Lothian
90 posts

hi alturn,

thanks for your reply, the daffe site works fine in IE but I'm not a fan of IE. It is just annoying, but never mind not to worry.

Regards
Derek

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Derek,

Which version of Firefox are you using? On Windows or Mac, and finally is this at work or home?

Thanks,

Simon

NHS Lothian
90 posts

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply. I am using Firefox version 39.0.3 on a windows Home PC..

Thanks

Derek

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Derek,

Have you tried updating to Firefox 40? I'd be interested to see if that will help.

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/update-firefox-latest-version

Simon

NHS Lothian
90 posts

Hi Simon

Thanks for yoiur reply.

When clicking on help/abouit which I had done before where it said firefox was upto da

I then manually downloaded and installed version 40 which I am using now and no change.

Same thing "The connection was reset". Tried again and same thing.

Derek

alturn DAFNE Graduate
NHS Grampian
78 posts

I updated to Firefox 40.0.3 on 28th Sep, before I had the Argos site problems. Since my last post, Argos has been fine, I've tried it most days, and no problems on other sites.

I also tried the maxthon nitro browser some time ago - may be worth a try (I am not a great fan of IE either), and there are other browsers around, need to try them to find one that suits you.

NHS Lothian
90 posts

This is the message I get whenn ading a diary entry

"The connection was reset

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few moments.
If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network connection.
If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web."
There's a button to try again and then a resend button pops up, press that and it goes back
to the above message. This is only in the diary. I like Firefox for the add ons, password remember, autofill forms etc.

I'll go and download maxthon and give that a bash.

Thanks for your reply
Derek

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Derek,

I've had a look at our log files and it does seem like your connection is being interrupted - it's not storing the fact that you're logged in properly on your browser. Can you try doing the steps in this page to see if that helps? https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1024256