DAFNE Online iPhone application - help with content/design needed

149 posts, 39 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Growler DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
4 posts

Are there any plans for a Windows Phone 7 app? I'm really starting to regret getting rid of my iPhone now!

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Not at the moment, we don't really have the time to implement one and have no 'test' bed to test it on. The android app is hardly progressing so taking on another platform is not going to happen very soon. I also think that you need a special version of the development tools to develop for windows mobile, I have 'standard' development tools for windows but NOT for the mobile version. So I would go get your iPhone back ;^) ( I would anyway, I had many fun years with earlier versions of windows mobile and won't be going back to it )

Growler DAFNE Graduate
Royal Devon and Exeter Hospital, Exeter
4 posts

I have the Windows Phone Dev tools and I've been thinking of getting back into programming now the kids are nearly out of nappies so maybe I'll take a look myself.
I'd agree about earlier Windows Mobiles though, I went through that pain myself, but 7 is completely different. Smile

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi all, the latest version of the app (1.4.1) is now on the app store - fixing problems with the AU carbs list, making the download of entries from the site to your device manual, and other minor bugfixes - suggest you all upgrade now!

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

The latest version of the app (1.5) is now on the app store - fixing some bugs, as well as giving you the ability to store your own carb portion info (see the + button on the top right hand corner of the carbs list)

Coreen DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
2 posts

Simon said:
The latest version of the app (1.5) is now on the app store - fixing some bugs, as well as giving you the ability to store your own carb portion info (see the + button on the top right hand corner of the carbs list)

Hi, sorry for being a bit mobile illiterate Embarassed but can I use any of these versions with my HTC Desire? Looked at the i phone but couldn't afford it, so having to make do, but would love to have a DAFNE app i could use on the go.

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Coreen said:

Simon said:

Hi, sorry for being a bit mobile illiterate Embarassed but can I use any of these versions with my HTC Desire? Looked at the i phone but couldn't afford it, so having to make do, but would love to have a DAFNE app i could use on the go.

Hi Coreen,

There's no android version of the app yet, i've heard it being spoken of but no sign yet. The alternative is to get hold of an ipod touch (ie an iphone without the "phone"), it will work with the app store and you can use the DAFNE app in just the same way. Bit of a stop-gap solution I know but the best I could think of.

Chris loughrey DAFNE Graduate
University College Hospital, Galway
21 posts

Coreen said:

Simon said:

Hi Coreen,

There's no android version of the app yet, i've heard it being spoken of but no sign yet. The alternative is to get hold of an ipod touch (ie an iphone without the "phone"), it will work with the app store and you can use the DAFNE app in just the same way. Bit of a stop-gap solution I know but the best I could think of.

Coreen DAFNE Graduate
NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde
2 posts

Chris loughrey said:

Coreen said:

Simon said:

Hi Coreen,

Hi Chris, thanks for that, will look out for that version, now that I know what I am looking for.
Thanks again
Coreen Smile

MarkR1962 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
3 posts

I've been using the App for a while now but never really appreciated what I could do with it. I asked my GP to get me on a DAFNE course and started looking around for Applications for my iPod Touch so that I could record my results and came across your App and registered on dafneonline as a "User" as a result.
I also use GlucoseBuddy and have been running both Apps in parallel ever since.

I'm now just over ½ way through my DAFNE course and have been learning new things about the App as I link it more with the activities on the course. There's been a lot of focus on the CP counting today so I've been adding my own entries to the CP information. How should we notify you about entries in the CP data that are incorrect (i.e. don't match the DAFNE CP book). For example "Chocolate - (plain)" is listed in the Soft Drinks category rather than the Sweets category (you can see where my interests are Wink )

Now we are doing ratio adjustments I've decided to turn on the auto calculations and have learnt, through trial and error, that if I precede a correction with a plus then the QA amount won't be updated - great. What I would like though is another option in the settings so that I can say whether I use whole or ½ doses of insulin so the calculation will give me a valid result. I use whole units and to have the calculation tell me to use 9.5 is annoying as I have to update the calculated value.

The more I learn about DAFNE the more I like the App - keep up the good work!

...Mark R