Lasagne

15 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Michaela
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
13 posts

I made vegan lasagne with 6 sheets dried and not pre-boiled. The carb counter says 1cp per sheet. My 6 sheet lasagne issued 4 portions so wouldn't that be 1.5cp per portion vs 4.5 listed under lasagne portion?

Is it counting the tomato sauce? mine is just passatta with onions and mushrooms in it. According to my calculations the cp would be 1.5 per portion (6gram carb per 100g in 700g bottle)

So I am looking at 3cp per portion?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

The tomato sauce wouldn't really be significant, as its less than 10g per bottle, how much do you use, all of it............?

To me there a 6CPs in this dish, if in fact the packaging stated it as 1CP per sheet.................so divide that by 4 and you get 1.5CP per portion..........when you refer to carb counter, is that the DAFNE carb counter?

The 4.5CP listed is a reasonably accurate guide to the value in 300g of pasta, you cant beat the actual packaging you buy it in though.......

chrisinbrum DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals Birmingham NHS Foundation Trust
41 posts

Did you have any cheese sauce on the lasagne - that would add CPs with any milk or flour/cornflour used.

I made a vegetarian lasagne recently and I found that my calculated CP per portion works out less than a pre-packed version or the values the carb counters give.

Michaela
13 posts

Carb counter = Dafne one yes

No dairy as this is a vegan dish as stated.

6 sheets lasagne not pre-cooked
1 700g bottle of passatta (see first post for break down)
half an onion
several mushrooms
half a pack of tofu (negligible carbs)
drained chopped spinach

Allows for 4 portions

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Michaela said:
Carb counter = Dafne one yes

No dairy as this is a vegan dish as stated.

6 sheets lasagne not pre-cooked
1 700g bottle of passatta (see first post for break down)
half an onion
several mushrooms
half a pack of tofu (negligible carbs)
drained chopped spinach

Allows for 4 portions

So in my opinion its only the lasagne sheets, you could maybe add one on for the whole bottle of passata and tofu, equaling 7 CPs, so 1.75CP per portion, assuming it has been divided equally, round it up to 2 if you want........apply your ratio and your off...................

i could go a lasagne now........... Smile

41 posts

Sorry Michaela, I don't think my brain was in gear when I suggested cheese sauce!

Confused

41 posts

chrisinbrum said:
Sorry Michaela, I don't think my brain was in gear when I suggested cheese sauce!

Confused

...I gues the carb counter will be including cheese sauce though, so that might explain some of the difference between your calculation and the published on

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

chrisinbrum said:

chrisinbrum said:

Confused

...I gues the carb counter will be including cheese sauce though, so that might explain some of the difference between your calculation and the published on

you may be right there...................

moral of the story, unless eating out, use the packaging.................. Very Happy

Michaela
13 posts

no worries some people can't see the word vegan Laughing

As for the tofu it's roughly 7-8cps per package at 400g but there is a lot of water in that weight. Also I only used half a pack so say 3 making it about .5cp per portion depending on which way you want to round it which is why i didn't really bother counting it.

I'll roughly estimate it at 4 and see what happens. My standard ratio is 1.5

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Look froward to the results...........

My money is on 4 being too much............. Wink