Needlessly Repeated BG Results...

21 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I've usually done it while at work so somewhere between 11am and 2pm... sorry I cannot remember the exact times, I deleted the duplicate entries because I needed the spaces. Sad

I will do it and then post my day diary on this post.

EDIT:

I posted this one entry at around 10:50am today.

To add, the error message on the phone reads (after pressing send):

Error: Request exceeded maximum number of redirects

If you cannot post more than one entry on a minute - how odd that it's doing this!

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi JWo,

This is a strange one I'm afraid. I found the Requests in our log files and it seems like they were made in quick succession, with a 2 second interval in between each, which say to me your device isn't responding correctly to what the site sends back to it. Has this happened every time you've used the mobile site?

Also - can you try replying to this forum post on your phone? Just to see if your phone does the same thing on that. Don't worry about doing multiple posts - I can delete them if that happens.

Has anybody else on the forums had this behaviour?

Simon

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

I have posted to the forums fine, however, I get an error message.

I will do a post after this one that will be from my mobile. Once I've done it, I will edit this post to show exact error message I get (I have mentioned it briefly in this thread but nothing saying specifics).

Edit:
The error message says:

The requested URL ( http://www.dafneonline.co.uk/forums/5/topics/488.mobile?page=2) is not available on DAFNE Online. If you believe you have received this message in error please contact [email protected].

...and underneath this message it shows the main menu page (the one you get after the sign-in page). So whenever I've posted, I've had to go find the thread again. I do find that it posts my message though (as you can see from the mobile test post below).

Sorry for not emailing instead btw. Sad

Just to add, maybe it's worth looking at giving a post origin (mobile or PC) icon for each post? Saying that though, I'm sure you just get that info from the IPs when on the admin screen so maybe not. ^_^;

Will the option to see any inbox messages be added to the mobile site too? I cannot currently view them.

Thanks Simon!

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Hello! I am JWo mobile's test post! Smile

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Do you have wi-fi capabilities on your phone? If so could you try posting BG results on that, it will rule out any low signal issues.

Looking at the URL above it seems to be correctly formed - I'll check that the URL is working properly.

Yes the option to see your inbox messages should become available on the phone - it's on our to-do list which is quite big at the moment, and unfortunately it's a busy time of year in the day job (on a train as we speak, or write) but I hope to get some stuff done over Christmas.

Just had a thought - does that error message appear even though the test post was saved correctly?

Oops, disregard that question, I see you've answered it in your post above!

Simon

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Unfortunately the phone does not have wifi support... however, even if it did, I would not have a wifi point to connect to while at work.

Phone details can be found here - Connectivity info is copied below:

Connectivity
Bluetooth: v2.0
Infrared: No
Wi-Fi (WLAN): No
USB: 2.0
Fax / Data: No

No pressure about the extra mobile site features - at least you've got it on your list! Smile

Edit:
Just to ask, can I add the rest of that test days results now? Am I okay to remove the duplicates?
If so, excellent - but feel free to ask me to test again if needed. Smile

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Oh yes sorry feel free to keep your proper diary results now, sorry Smile

Does this happen every time you try and do your diary through your mobile, or intetmittently?

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Both the forum posting error and the duplication happen every time. Very odd. Sad

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi JWo - can you try posting again, we've added a fix (we hope...)

Also we've prevented mobile users from creating entries for the same time, so you shouldn't have anymore repeated entries as you currently have above.

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Unfortunately both error messages are still happening. Ive posted a result for 14Dec10 today and I think it has done the repeating. Will post results later because I dont have the option to at the moment. A forum post I did in General Discussion brought up the non existing thread message. Shall get it with this post as well Im sure. Thanks.