Needlessly Repeated BG Results...

21 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I'm using a cheap and cheerful Samsung E2100B.

I've tried only once to upload my BG results to my diary via the DAFNE Online Mobile Site and for some reason when it was trying to send the first one through, it kept being "redirected" over and over. Eventually I gave up on it and assumed that I was going to be unable to send BG results successfully through my mobile.

Once I got back on a computer however, I found out that it had posted the one BG entry 15 times over the date it was set for.
I'm not sure if this is a problem with my phone or not. I'm quite impressed that I can post on the forums fine on it at least.

Would you like me to try posting some BG results again for experimentation?
Thanks in advance for your replies!

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

The same problem is happening when I try updating my blood diary still. Is anything going to be done or is this something that will be fixed with the coming server change? Do I really have to consider a new phone if not?

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Are you reffering to putting bgs on through your mobile..........

I havent tried this yet as I aways put them in on a computer...will investigate now,.........

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Yeah, its through the mobile internet version of the site. Sad Im using it right now. When posting BGs, its like it knows the script to add the entry but doesnt know how to stop once its sent it through. On a related note however, whenever I post a forum post (like I am now) I get a error message after posting it... But the message still goes through (like this post)? Very strange!

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

After seeing it again, I think the forum post error message is just telling me that the thread is not available on DAFNE Online. Perhaps the thread address links are different when on the mobile site...

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

What phone are using..........?

My HTC Legend has no problems viewing the mobile site and the normal one.....

But as I say I havent entered BGs through mobile yet....

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

My mobile is specified on the first post.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi JWo, I've not noticed any errors in our logs, but will do some investigation for you over the weekend.

Simon

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Okay many thanks Simon. It's great that I can post on the forum on it, but it would be great to be able to post BGs on the go too! Smile
Let me know if or when you'd like me to test it again.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi JWo, I had a look and tested it with my phone and everything seemed OK. Can you give it another go? Do you get many results with exactly the same time? (This shouldn't happen as you can only create one per individual minute of the day). If you could also let me know around which time you did the test I'll take a look at the logs.

Simon