iPhone app redesign

17 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

With the imminent announcement of iOS 7 within the next few weeks this is a great opportunity to apply some improvements to the iPhone app. I thought I'd create this post to capture what people want in a central location. My thoughts so far are:

1. Change the home screen so that is more useful - what kind of information would people want to see at first glance? I was thinking of previous BG reading, averages, but would like suggestions.
2. iPad version of the app
3. Incorporate charts into the app for better analysis

As always I'm open to suggestions so if there's something you'd really like to get in to the app then let us know.

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Personally an iPad version would be helpful to me as another means of data entry.
Guess plenty of work is involved in the graphical aspect as suppose it would need be stand alone version, specific to apple viewers, to get away from Flash...which the rest of us would like to retain!
Regards
Garry

youone DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
102 posts

IPhone or other O/S need to make it simple, I find in the designs and problem solving solutions I do must be simple or people are put off, some of us are happy using these apps,but I always thing of the people who aren't,,its these people who really need the help.
1 thing I would like to see on a app is soon as you open the 1st page it tells you your last BG,the amount of CP and QA you had taken so after you take your BG you have the option to put in the CP your going to eat,it gives a calculation based on your ratio the amount of QA needed,this would help people who find it confusing when calculating their QA

I've seen similar to above on some apps, but only after you've found your way in,which to some people takes to long,hence its not used.

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

Hi - an ipad version would be good, as some may only have an ipad, and not a an iphone, and so may be missing out on a great app. I have both and being able to update using the pad would be useful.

I would also like to see graphs - as you can on here, of the trends - I would also like to be able to print off the graphs from the website - I just tried, and whilst I held the mouse pointer over the graph, and then right clicked, I got the option to print, and it did print out the graph - but it also printed off the whole web page, which is a waste of paper. If possible I would like the ability just to print off a graph - with the header of what the graph is. I know this is slightly off topic and I apologise.

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Youone,

It sounds like you work in app/web design? If you'd like to help out then we're always open to offers ;) Good idea though, I'd already thought about changing the home tab to have more information on. Regarding the calculation - the app already does this (see auto-calc in the settings) - is this what you mean or have I interpreted it wrongly?

SimonC/Garry - thanks for the feedback, some good ideas. I'll also take a look at the graphs on the site and see what we can do to make printing easier.

Simon

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Keep the ideas/feedback coming!

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

SimonC - you can now print the charts on their own - see the small 3-bar icon at the top right hand corner of each chart.

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

Simon said:
SimonC - you can now print the charts on their own - see the small 3-bar icon at the top right hand corner of each chart.

Simon - with the added bonus of selecting a file type to download! many thanks

youone DAFNE Graduate
Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
102 posts

Simon said:
Hi Youone,

It sounds like you work in app/web design? If you'd like to help out then we're always open to offers ;) Good idea though, I'd already thought about changing the home tab to have more information on. Regarding the calculation - the app already does this (see auto-calc in the settings) - is this what you mean or have I interpreted it wrongly?

SimonC/Garry - thanks for the feedback, some good ideas. I'll also take a look at the graphs on the site and see what we can do to make printing easier.

Simon

Hi Simon
I would like to help the site, I'll pm you to give my details regards game design and my graphics experience, hope I can help
Brian
Type1 42 yrs

Iain H DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
3 posts

Hi Simon
You could update diary page to stop comments disappearing if , after writing & saving comments they still disappear if , any other info is added to page eg carbs:
Comments are vital info that has to be retained for my HCP , & Sometimes it is to late that i notice the comments entry has disappeared