Slow site response....

12 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Is anyone else experiencing this, I find myself having to double click everything to get a response, otherwise it just sits there doing nothing...........

I recently done a fresh install of my browser, so that though crossed my mind, but my other regular sites are responding fine............

Admin, has there been any recent maintenance happening to the site server.........?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi novorapidboi,

The site has been down a few times recently, that may be a contributor to your experiencing the slowness - is it happening all the time?

We're looking into it anyway Very Happy

Thanks

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

in the last few days, as i say, it ties in with my browser refresh.............

thanks.............

i think if no one else is experiencing it it must be me.......

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Me too! Sometime during the past week. The site seemed to be down during the night.

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Could not get the site yesterday 23/03/12 at 12:10 but thought it was work activity slowing things down.
Garry

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

You're all right, the site has been down a couple of times over the past week. We're looking at options to improve the performance as we speak.

Apologies for the inconvenience!

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Just to continue on from this, my site response is still slow, well, not slow as such, I just find I need to double click everything and even then it sometimes does not work, meaning I need to refresh the page and try again....

Specifically, the edit post button just hangs there and nothing happens, even with a double click, this is obviously annoying me as my typing sometimes misses some letter out or types the wrong one.... Wink

The site works OK at home..........

I suspect that it either my workplace internet connection, which seems to function normally on other sites, or my browser, which is the portable version of Firefox 12.0.....

Any thoughts........

If it is the works connection/proxy, is there anything I can do......

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

Hi Novorapidboi,

There shouldn't be any issues at the moment, the site move is now complete. One way to see if there is a difference between your home and work connection is to ping the site. If you are on windows, you can open up the start menu, click run and then type CMD into the box.

Once the black window with white text pops up type ping www.dafneonline.co.uk

There will be 4 lines saying Reply from xyz, notice the time=XXms entries, and let us know if there is any significant difference between home and work.

Cheers

NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

The ping request could not find the address, but I tried it with functioning site and the same, so it might be a privilege issue or because I am behind a proxy.................could I circumvent these barriers........?

Simon Site Administrator
578 posts

I doubt that your work will let you circumvent the proxy, they are put there for security reasons... Have you tried in a different web browser?