Slow site response....

12 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Simon is correct the security is there for a reason and unfrotunately what he told you to do will not prove anything nor help. A proxy is used to 'speed' up web pages and control which pages you can access. It has nothing to do with 'ping' which uses a completely different protocol and will be treated completely differently by your companies security systems. It is quite possible you can browse other sites without issue and not ours, it very much depends on the
content of the other sites. Changing browser is unlikely to help since it is unlikely to be an issue with your local machine more your companies network.

As you have found, because the issue does not exist at home then the issue is with your companies systems. Obviously we cannot comment on these, I have rules for my users and unless they can provide a valid business need for me to grant them an exception to access a site then I won't. I suspect you will just have to live with it, sorry

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I understand, not totally convinced its will continue like this, there is no reason for this site to be experiencing this, at least in terms of the content on site. I visit other forums at work also.....

I agree that I will need to accept it and/or wait it out......

Moving offices and servers on the 6th of June so maybe things will improve.......it won't stop me visiting that's for sure...... Very Happy