Emailing diary

16 posts, 7 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Jenny DAFNE Graduate
University Hospitals, Leicester
27 posts

Just wondered if anyone else has this problem or if is just me. (not related to updated website happened on new an old)

I like to copy and paste my diary to send to my diabetes nurse. Sometimes when I do to it just pastes a load of gobblydegook, some sort of computer code with my diary sort of visible but not in a readable format. It doesn't do it all the time. I have tried copy and pasting from the printable view and the normal view.

I just wondered if this was a problem with my email (googlemail via iPad) or something else.

Also wonders if it is possible to have an email diary function but I don't really know how these things work.

Thank you

Jenny

kevinmsugg DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Jenny,

Have you tried cutting and pasting from the printable into a word document. This works as i have just tried it.
Then you can attach the word document and e-mail it.

Try that.

regards

Kevin

Faulty Headl... DAFNE Graduate
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
18 posts

I'm blind and just found the export tabs on the diary page. i exported it to XL and saved it on my computer, now all i have to do is attach it to my email

Jenny DAFNE Graduate
27 posts

Thanks. I tried both of your suggestions. The xl did sort of work but is doesn't look like a normal diary. So I'm not sure how easy it is to read. Might have to get used to it.

I also tried the copy to the word processor but I couldn't get the font small enough for it to fit across the page.

Jenny

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi all,

Your results will vary when copy-pasting to an email program from your web browser, as there isn't any consistency as to how web browsers copy the things you select, hence it seems a bit hit and miss.

One thing I did think of - I'm sure it would be possible to generate a PDF (adobe reader) file from the diary view and then attach that to an email.

If this sounds like a decent solution for you then I'll get working on it.

Simon

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

That sounds the ideal solution Simon. Sure way to enable a consistent output.
I don't think anyone can be short of Adobe for the web world of today.

Regards
Garry

Faulty Headl... DAFNE Graduate
Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
18 posts

Aye as long as it's still availible to export into XL as my screen reader is a bugger to use with Adobe. It displays well for me in XL and i can read and adapt it if i need to like hiding rows and columns.

Jenny DAFNE Graduate
27 posts

I don't really know about these sort of things! If it will send in a way which looks like a dafne diary that will suit me.

Thank you

Jenny

jgibson1962 29 posts

Hi All

I have just finished constructing a spreadsheet to record all my BG's and Carbs etc, i've even constructed a dosage calculator as part of the spreadsheet where you can automatically copy and paste your results, anything for an easy life Smile

If you would like a copy message me and i will send you the link to my web site where you can download it, i've created the spreadsheet and a template for either Excel 2007 to 2010 and Excel 97 to 2003.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I would be interested in taking a look please............. Very Happy