Injection site list

16 posts, 9 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Simon,

When I inject two insulins at the same time (more or less) I use two different locations - QA in left thigh, BI in right thigh for example. I wonder if it would be possible to put a site location button under each insulin box and associated with it so that it could be recorded accurately where the injections are made. If this is a problem then perhaps we could treat all body parts the same, i.e. buttocks, thighs, arms.

Kind regards,

Roger

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Marke,

Please accept my apologies. I addressed my previous, and original, post on this topic to Simon by mistake. I don't actually know where I got the name Simon from.

Kind regards,

Roger

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Roger,

You can address it to both of us Very Happy

I'll take a look at doing this for you - are you inputting your data through a phone app or the site?

Thanks,

Simon

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Simon,

Good question! I usually enter my data on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 so I guess that means I'm using a phone app. If I select the Online icon from that app that connects me with the actual site though, does it?

Kind regards,

Roger

JennyNZ 29 posts

Hi there. I've just started using the on line diary, too and think its great but was going to ask the same question - being able to record 2 different injection sites. I think the graphs are great - I always thought I was great at site rotation until I started using your programme and realised how much I was favouring sites. one thing - you only have one "buttocks" could you make that "left" and "right" as well? thanks

SA2010 DAFNE Graduate
University College London Hospitals (UCLH)
69 posts

Hi

I am also having QA and BI at the same time with one in one left thigh and the other in right thigh, It would be good if it is possible to capture the informaton and somehow show the two injection locations. Not sure how you present it on the screen - maybe one below the other or prefix QA and BI for each?

I input the data using the BG Diary screen on the full web site rather than a smartphone or iPad app.

regards

simon

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Hi all,

As a temp fix you could enter the BI as a separate entry when taken with QA then enter the new injection site, it might be better than cluttering the results further?

Just my 2 pence worth.

Phil

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I put "Other" for site, and when I have been worried about keeping note... I just add it as a note in the comments... Like BL for Buttocks Left, or BR for Buttocks Right...

Stopped doing that ages ago though and just keep it as "Other"... As long as you cycle sites, you should be a-okay really.

Annette Bell DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
68 posts

JennyNZ said:
Hi there. I've just started using the on line diary, too and think its great but was going to ask the same question - being able to record 2 different injection sites. I think the graphs are great - I always thought I was great at site rotation until I started using your programme and realised how much I was favouring sites. one thing - you only have one "buttocks" could you make that "left" and "right" as well? thanks

Yes! I have been thinking exactly the same as you for some time now. There should be left & right buttocks just as there are left & right thighs etc. Also, I too use 2 different areas when giving BI & QA at the same time so 2 injection site boxes would be much better. (I enter my results on my iPod app)

Ahmentep DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
99 posts

Hi Simon,

I raised this topic back in December 2011. Since then several other people have said that they too would like to designate a site for each injection or, alternatively, have the sites described in a logical manner, e.g. Left arm, Right arm, Left buttock, Right buttock.

You said some months ago that you would take a look at this. Have you managed to do so?

Kind regards,

Roger