Forums Have Gone Quiet

14 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Wondering whether all is OK with the system...or is it that we all just have too much to do at this time of year?
Have followed with interest many of the threads recently...have they all have reached their natural lifespan at the same time?
Curious
Garry

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
587 posts

I think most of the ones I've been posting in have come to the end of their natural life span... Sad

Heh, perhaps things will pick up after Christmas when we're loaded with stories involving too many treats and sugar levels? Razz

I have been wondering what sorts of discussions would be a nice contribution to the forum - especially the General Discussion area... so we're not just talking about Diabetes.

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Hope all those stories are successful ones of keeping control despite the excessive treats that we have to endure! How many units of insulin!!!
Some people were sharing book enjoyment a few weeks ago.
Regards Garry

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

I agree - as well as being diabetic we're all people too with interests above and beyond controlling our blood sugar levels so feel free to discuss anything! And as always, ask us if you want more features on the site. Over the next few months we'll be upgrading our servers, as well as improving the graphic design of the site (though Mark and I are Computer Programmers, and as such have little to no artistic flair, so any help would be appreciated!).

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

Yeah... I have a lot on my mind at the moment with my car and motorbike tests coming up so a lot of my hobbies are taking a back seat at the moment. I have ordered some more reads though, so this might change soon... I need the distraction considering it's been a bit of a stressful time!

If I think of any more good thread ideas, I'll post them... how happy are we with things like forum word games and the like?
I'm sure we have a varied group of ages on here too which makes it a bit difficult to pin point what makes good subjects to start up... I felt the books would be a safe bet - maybe I should start one about films too?

What sort of graphics are we talking about Simon? Cool to hear we're looking at a server upgrade. Smile

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

We're just looking at improving the way the website looks, new colour schemes - a bit more streamlined and '21st century'. Basically - a facelift!

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I would like to see more HCPs on here, or more specifically the DAFNE educated ones...........I apprecite they are all stretched to their limits at the moment.......

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

I know my DAFNE team have expressed concern about patient confidentiality while communicating with me through this site... Perhaps this also explains the lack of HCPs. I dont blame them at all for being wary.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I can accept that too, but I am referring to general advice from HCP to patient........

I have been in contact with some HCPs on here.....

JayBee DAFNE Graduate
587 posts

What kind of "general" advice are we talking about? Most threads are DAFNE advice specific. I do agree that its a shame there's not more HCPs... On another thought, how many HCPs are aware of the site? Im not really sure how many HCPs are on the site at the moment...