Apps, Apps, Apps

1 post, 1 contributor

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

James Bee DAFNE Graduate
East Suffolk and North Essex NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hello all,

I’d just like to ask everyone's advice for the best one-stop App for your DM management?

I use Tomato to collect my Libre data every 5 minutes and send it to my watch (so want to continue using that or an alternative if possible) using a MiaoMiao (I highly recommend buying one for those using Libres as your phone/watch will automatically alarm when you go out of range e.g. at night and if you have kids With DM you can also have it alarm on other phones to alert carers). I also log my insulin in this as I can export data to check my total insulin use trends and u/kg/day etc).

I also scan using the Libre app every 6 hours as that is shared with my HCPs.

I’m vegan and the DAFNE App doesn’t appear to contain any items using search-words like ‘Vegan’, ‘McCartney’ (Linda) etc so I’m also having to use Nutra Check Calorie Counter when making meals in order to determine the CPs.

While all these Apps purport to feed data both to and from the IOS Health app the glucose and Carb data doesn’t go to the DAFNE app so I have to then manually enter it all (obviously I’d expect to have to enter the insulin but the glucose from Tomato would be handy as maybe then I could stop also having to scan the Libre with the Abbott app so often (I do appreciate that Abbott don’t stand by data collected by the MiaoMiao but I find it to have pretty good correlation and if anything the MM data more closely matches finger pricks).

I know that’a a lot of information to unpack but basically I’m just looking to reduce how many apps I need to use at each mealtime (Currently 4).