Pulling BG from Apple Health

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Would people use this feature? For me I use a DexCom G6 which pushes my BG reading to Apple health every 5 mins. Given the right permissions the DAFNE Online app could pull your latest BG from Health and populate that in the editor when you're adding a new entry. If that's useful then I see it happening a couple of ways:

1. A button on the BG row of the editor itself to pull the latest reading from Apple Health
2. A popup when you're adding an entry asking if you want to add BG manually or from Apple Health
3. Other suggestions welcome

Let me know your thoughts.

sclewis DAFNE Graduate
Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Antrim Hospital
2 posts

I love this feature- is there any way that the app can pull BG, QA and CP FROM Apple health and create an entry?

I have just started using mySugr with accu-chek mobile, the BG is going straight to the mySugr app via Bluetooth and then to Apple Health. I was almost switching to the mySugr app to record CP but I would miss the DAFNE online diary features.

Wondered if the DAFNE app could create the entry from Apple health since the mySugr data is going to Apple Health?

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Sclewis,

Thanks for your reply - I can certainly look to do this, would you want to do this pull automatically or by pressing a button in the diary entry? Also would you want all 3 pulled at once or the option to do them individually?

Simon

sclewis DAFNE Graduate
Northern Health and Social Care Trust, Antrim Hospital
2 posts

Hi Simon- probably all 3 at once automatically? If possible

I’ve noticed that mySugr is able to pull the data from Apple Health- but when it pulls the QA it separates it from BG and CP even though they are at the same time. It’s strange because on Apple Health the data seems to mix together fine and display as bolus 🤷🏼‍♀️