Question

8 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Sarah M DAFNE Graduate
Birmingham Community Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
4 posts

I have a question, I am currently on Levemir twice a day and novorapid three times a day, I have been pretty stable but running slightly high while adjusting to the ratios and background levels. So I was asked to up my morning background by 2 units to 22units, which I did now my levels have shot up! What's going on? Any ideas or help would great.... I'm totally puzzled, went from 9.8 this morning up to 16.8 but no ketones. Worked out I ate 5cp so injected 5+1 the 1 as a correction. And as I say I have shot up to 16.8 with no keytones Sad

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Hi Sarah,

It is unlikely to be the BI increase that has done this. It could be a one-off random result, your body fighting an infection, menstruation, stress...

Is it still happening or was it just an issue that particular day?

Sarah M DAFNE Graduate
4 posts

Still happening, now trying the ratio adjustment

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
422 posts

Are you able to share your diary with this forum? Just use the "Include my Blood Glucose Diary entries between..." fields below the "Post Reply" button.

if your BGs when you wake are within 1.5 mmol/L of where they were before bed, then BI is probably within target, and the culprit is likely to be the QA ratios as you mention. But if they differ largely, then BI adjustment may be required.

Sarah M DAFNE Graduate
4 posts

Can't seem to add them 😣

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
422 posts

Do you get an error message at all?

Sarah M DAFNE Graduate
4 posts

No, I have them all on my app but when I ask it to update onto the site it just says there is no readings

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
422 posts

Hmmm, I only just downloaded the app this afternoon so I'm not sure how that works. I guess the readings have to be in the web site to be displayed, but not sure if there is a way of uploading them from the app or whether they stay local on the device. Just to confirm, are you using the correct format - DDMMYY? So 260415 for today for example?