Weekly readings

4 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Hugh campbell DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
2 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Could you view and comment, just back to following dafne principles after a struggle with lack of motivation

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Hello Hugh,

Overall it looks pretty good - you have very few extreme readings - above 10 or below 3.5. I'd suggest a few more readings on some of the days. Before breakfast, lunch, dinner and bed along with any hypos is the minimum readings that I'd want to see when looking for trends etc.

Still, based on what you have put, it looks like you have it largely under control. Well done.

Warwick.

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Just noticed the comment on the switch to Levemir. It is common to need a higher dose of Levemir than other types of basal insulin - up to 25% more is not uncommon. Just in case you find that that is required.

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

Went away to America for ten days and my morning readings went mad. Nearly all between 14-15. I was eating out every night so might have BEEN calculating cps wrong even though i had my notes, carbs and cals with me. Hoping that i am back now i will be able to settle down over the coming days and am BG won't be as high. Before i went my educator advised me to take my evening BI with my dinner at 7.30-8pm due to the am readings and see how it goes. I had been taking my BI at bedtime (10pm-11pm). This was just before i went away. Will give it three days and see how the am read. If not i am thinking my BI in the evening may need to go up.