Centrizine Hydrochloride and an affect on insulin sensitivity

3 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Took an anti histamine tablet a day, for 5 days, after being bitten on the leg, by a fly in the garden.
Big itch driving me crackers and some swelling which I was concerned about.
Insulin resistant and normally have to use QA ratios of 2:1 or 2.5:1 and 2:1 with meals but found I needed to knock the dinner ratio back particularly to 1.5:1.
Has anyone else noticed this?
Maybe I am erroneously connecting two things here. Would appreciate help from HCPs or another forum user who may use these tablets on a more regular basis.
Regards
Garry

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

can't say I have ever noticed this effect. I used to take truck loads of Cetirizine and never really had any side effects, however we are obviously all different and what happens to me may not happen to you and vice-versa. Its not a published side-effect of the drug, but for most drugs the published side-effects are those widely observed in a number of people not individuals.

SueB DAFNE Graduate
Royal Berkshire, Reading
3 posts

I have been taking ceterizine continuously for many years as have chronic rhinitis (basically a dust allergy that causes a constant runny nose if don't take anything). My ratios are stable at 1:1.5. Maybe the effect is noticeable as you only took for a short time and I have been taking so long any effect on me is my normal.