High Bloods

4 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

ljwhite1983 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
5 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Hi there

Hope you can see my diary, if not let me know.

It been a while since I properly tracked my BG and CP's etc but have been doing so for the past month.

I no longer have any of my DAFNE material so glad I found this website.

If I have high blood readings all day even with corrections would you adjust the ratio or BI?

Thanks
Laura

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Welcome to the forum ljwhite1983. Smile
See your diary fine.
As a graduate Laura, I hope you have found that all of the handbook information is available to you on the website.
To help, the forum members need an indication as to your insulin types. You will then get help from those that use your insulins.
Regards
Garry

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

One thing I remember is that after a hypo not to correct at next meal/test; BGs will be high but that's due to the extra cps to treat hypo so should not correct.

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

I noticed today at lunch i was 4.7 and had 9 cps but because i am going for a run after work i just took 7 untis of aq. This was at 1.25pm and then just there at 3.35pm i was 18.4. Now normally mid afternoon i would be between 11-13 but when i would have my dinner at 7-7.30pm i would be within range. I ate 2 cps there and took 2 qa for it and a +2 because i was afraid the lunch time qa did not go into me. Didn't want to be getting ready for the runa nd find i was 18. Any opinions please?