Joe Smith DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
4 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

ma diary

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

There seem to be a few hypos there, with no real pattern, they are common at night/morning I suppose........

How is your background doing...........?

When did you lat test......?

Joe Smith DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
4 posts

I appreciate your input, but I was trying to share the diary with the staff I was going to see on Wednesday. As you can probably tell, I don't know how to do that! Embarassed
They've told me to go carb free to try sort out my BI, which is proving difficult so far due to being a fussy eater and my BI levels are WAYYYY off! Mad

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Oh, sorry about that............have they seen the results........?

Testing your background is exactly as your team has said, carb free, that way the only thing that will be effecting the blood glucose is the background, allowing you to put it up or down according to whether your blood sugar goes up or down.......

best starting overnight, you will be sleeping, which makes carb free easy........no carbs after dinner, take a bed time blood sugar, dont correct, then set alarm for 3 am to take another blood sugar..........repeat that for a few nights to confirm the pattern,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you hold steady from bed till 3 amm your dose is right........

When did you graduate? and what hospital in lanarkshire you at..........?

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Welcome Joe.
At the top of your diary:
Look to the right and see DAFNE TOOLS
Select Shared Diaries
and you are able to add your HCP...You need your HCPs User Name(s) though...or anyone else for that matter....to allow view access to your diary.
Regards
Garry

Joe Smith DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
4 posts

novorapidboi26 said:
When did you graduate? and what hospital in lanarkshire you at..........?

In May 2008, but I've had three different BI types in that timescale, pain in the bum!

I'm at Monklands btw.

Joe Smith DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
4 posts

Garry said:
Welcome Joe.
At the top of your diary:
Look to the right and see DAFNE TOOLS
Select Shared Diaries
and you are able to add your HCP...You need your HCPs User Name(s) though...or anyone else for that matter....to allow view access to your diary.
Regards
Garry

Cheers Garry, I found a slightly different way of sharing, but that way sounds like it'll work everytime!