Paninis

6 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Sylvia DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
3 posts

Can anyone help? I like paninis, but find it difficult to estimate the CP value. Same with baguettes.

EMS
St Columcille's, Dublin
15 posts

Hi, I sometimes go to starbucks for lunch and, according to their website (see link below) a panini has just under 50 grams of carbohydrate, so about 5 cps, this usually works out for me.
Elli

http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition&drink=bottled-drinks&drink=brewed-coffee&drink=chocolate&drink=espresso&drink=frappuccino-blended-beverages&drink=kids-drinks-and-other&drink=tazo-tea&drink=vivanno-smoothies&food=sandwiches-panini-and-wraps&page=3

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

just a reminder, there is a page on the site for recording websites that provide information on their foods i.e. carb values. I have added the link in the previous post to it, you can get to our page either by clicking 'Carb Counter' in the right-hand menu followed by 'carb links' near the top of the page OR you can following the link to it here .

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

My advice would be that 1 inch of baguette is 10 grams of carbs, picked that tip up in the dafne class and it has worked for me so far.......

As for paninis probably follows similar rules as above but paninis are smaller and thinner.....

Nat DAFNE Graduate
Cambridge University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
30 posts

Yes I had a paninis and I used the rule that as they were thinner that 2 inches was 10g and it worked out!!!

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

Just had a look at the link section there, its fantastic....

It has all the main takeaways in there, keep adding ppl...