Coca Cola Life

10 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

Has anyone seen this new type, the bottle has a green label. It says "lower in calories" or something similar. I couldn't read the nutrition small print unfortunately...can anyone clarify? Thanks.

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

I looked online at their web site, and it is a version sweetened with some sugar and some extract from a leaf - so it does contain sugar, about 17g per 250ml

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

Thanks Simon, so its inbetween full Coke and Diet Coke then. Not sugar free. I wonder why they bother?

SimonC DAFNE Graduate
NHS Harrow
78 posts

I got the feeling that this is aimed at those that think that they have to only eat mung beans grown in totally organic conditions! They are using the natural extract from a leaf to in part sweeten their drink.

It is about 50% sugar and 50% leaf extract - not sure why they didn't use only leaf extract - probably doesn't taste too good.

I reckon it is aimed at new age people that think that by drinking a drink sweetened by leaf extract they are going back to their roots and living just as healthily as the cave man did.

JamesW DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
24 posts

You could be on to something there. You will notice that the labelling is an "earthy" green too.

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

You're right Simon. Well they can have it...what the hell is leaf extract idoing in a drink? I'm all for saving the planet but I'll pass on this.

Judith-Anne DAFNE Graduate
St George's University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

The leaf extract is a sweetener. This is for those who want less carbs but don't like the taste of articulate sweeteners or believe they are harmful.

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

If I want a 'leaf drink' I have a cup of tea.

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

lol Alan. Thanks Judith Anne for clarifying. I've seen absolutely no marketing for this which seems strange for brand like Coke.

Sharon McNally DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

I moved over to this Coke Life because it doesn't contain Aspartame. OK, I don't like it as much as Diet Coke with Lime but at least it gives me that hit of FIZZ I crave at lunchtimes. As I have only just finished DAFNE I am behaving myself and limiting my intake to just one can a day (2 CP's).