Carb counting Coke Life?

4 posts, 2 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Debcj75 DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University NHS FT (St Margaret’s Hospital)
4 posts

Hi, I don't know if this one has been asked before (apologies if it has) but I remember from my DAFNE course something about not counting items with sweeteners like truvia etc. The new drink from Coca Cola, Coke Life, says it is lower calorie and sweetened by natural sources. Carbs are 6.7 per 100ml, so 30 ish for the 500 bottle. I presume this should be injected for, if drinking it, but just wanted to check.

Many thanks in advance for any help/ideas.

Neville COL DAFNE Graduate
North East Essex CCG
23 posts

I d avoid that like the plague! It looks like low sugar 'ordinary' Coke to me, sugar being a natural sweetener ! They seem to be trying to con the unwary slimmer......save the insulin for something more worthy! Very Happy

Debcj75 DAFNE Graduate
Essex Partnership University NHS FT (St Margaret’s Hospital)
4 posts

Thats what I thought, slightly lighter normal coke! The only reason I even looked at it was that I happily drink quite a bit of diet coke, but am fed up of people telling me how bad it is with all the aspartame in it. This new one seemed to be Cokes 'healthier' (I use that term loosely) choice, and I was hoping it would be. Oh well Confused

Neville COL DAFNE Graduate
North East Essex CCG
23 posts

http://www.marketingweek.co.uk/opinion/ritson/coke-life-is-the-harbinger-of-death-for-coca-cola/4011475.article Heres a link to an article I just found on Google predicting a short life for this curious substance....! As for artificial sweeteners, I ll take the risk....!, My dad got to 96 on saccharine......!