Need advise

9 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

avanella DAFNE Graduate
Singapore General Hospital
9 posts

I just graduates DAFNE from Singapore.
My BG is very high in the evening. Please advise and share your opinion.

Breakfast (9am) : 11 mmol/l
CP : 32.9g | QA : 4 +1

Lunch (1pm) : 4.4 mmol/l
CP : 47.6g | QA : 5 +1

Dinner (8pm) : 25 mmol/l
CP: | QA :

natalie fitch 5 posts

What is your meal ratio at lunchtime?you could try increasing your lunchtime ratio

natalie fitch 5 posts

What is your meal ratio at lunchtime?you could try increasing your lunchtime ratio

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Hi Avanella,

Are you able to record your BGs in the DAFNE online diary and share it with this forum? It will make it easier to help you.

Thanks,
Warwick.

avanella DAFNE Graduate
9 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

HI All,

Yes, SInce monday i records in online diary.

Garry DAFNE Graduate
North Lincolnshire and Goole NHS Foundation Trust
328 posts

Welcome Smile and well done avanella.
We will try and assist with the information supplied so far.
You can show your BI injection sites too. This gives you the opportunity to review your distribution of injection sites for both QA and BI to plan how you can efficiently move them about in an effort to help good insulin dose absorbtion.
Keep the results coming.
Regards
Garry

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
422 posts

Hi Avenella,

That looks pretty good so far. With only one evening where the BGs have gone high so far, I wouldn't want to advise you to change anything just yet. If you get a few higher readings each evening before bed, then it looks like the dose to change will be your evening QA dose with dinner. Your BI doses seem to be good, although three days of data probably isn't enough just yetto say one way or another.

Keep it up and post your diary again in a couple of days, and we should be able to help more.

Thanks,
Warwick.

avanella DAFNE Graduate
9 posts
[Shared diary only visible when logged in]

Hi All,

Now my BG is better compare to last time. Please advise how to make the BG idle.

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
422 posts

Hey Avanella,

Your BGs look pretty good, especially since last Monday.

To be honest, I can't tell whether your BI is correct or not. To be able to tell, I'd need you to do the following.

1) Eat nothing after dinner until breakfast the next morning.
2) Take a bed-time reading at least three hours after dinner.

The problem at the moment is that the bed-time reading is often not recorded, and when it is, you are having carbs and QA with it which makes it impossible to tell whether your BI is accurate or not.

Is it possible to do what I have asked? I'd want to see three nights' readings, but they don't have to be on consecutive days. So for example, over the next week, if you followed the above on Thursday, Saturday and Tuesday nights, then I should be able to tell.

It would also be helpful if you didn't change your BI unless you really need to over the next week.

Thanks,
Warwick.