carbs and cal iphone app

8 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Robbo DAFNE Graduate
Somerset NHS Foundation Trust
1 post

Just wondering if anybody is having trouble using the very useful app " Carbs and Cals". Since doing the update to new software the app appears to freeze.
Find this app very good for eating out etc. Saves carrying the book with you .

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

I gave an android, which has recently updated and no issues with app on that...don't know about iPhone.

davidcragg DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
17 posts

On the 27th September they tweeted:

"Apologies to iPhone users who have updated to v3.0. We've taken the app off the AppStore for now but are hoping to release version 3.1 ASAP."

but I haven't heard anything since from them Sad

If you are eating out, I've been pulling together details that companies provide on their carb content here:
http://t1ramblings.blogspot.co.uk/2013/07/eating-and-drinking-out-who-helps-you.html
which may or may not be useful to you. Any additions would be most welcome too!

David

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

I should probably point out that this site also has a carb content list here, which any additions would also be most welcome Laughing

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

I am on the iphone and each time i try to go into the app it comes up with the following message, We've added new food items to the Carbs & Cals app! Please be patient while your database is being updated. This may take several minutes. Then when i do get in it tells me that it wasn't synched properly.

17 posts

Yes they've been having a few glitches with the 3.1 release too. The latest update from Carbs and Cals is as follows:

"Hi everyone - sincere apologies for all the iPhone App issues recently! We think we've fixed it now, so please switch your device completely off, then on, and start the Carbs & Cals App (with internet access). It will take a few minutes to sync (which should only happen once) and then you should be back up and running. If some of the foods are greyed out and you are asked you to do an In-App purchase, please be aware that the price of the In-App purchase is FREE, so you will be able to unlock all the foods for no additional charge."

Hope that helps,
David

Rafa DAFNE Graduate
St Vincent's Healthcare Group
99 posts

Thanks David.

17 posts

marke,

Apologies I didn't realise that existed! I could have saved myself a bit of work! lol
By all means nab anything from my list.

David