Carbs and cals book

5 posts, 5 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

AmySouter 1 post

I've just completed a week of Dafne and am trying to get a grip on counting CPs etc. The scales are out at home all the time, and sometimes i manage to get everything worked out in time to eat my food while its still hot... ! I think a Carbs and Cals book might make things speedier - has anyone tried the pocket version, or is the full size version more complete?

hannahdefries DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
12 posts

Amy i downloaded the book to my phone on App store and it is soooooo convenient.. well recommended!
Obviously if you have the phone to do so! x

davidcragg DAFNE Graduate
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
17 posts

I can recommend the Carbs and Cals phone app too (it's available for iPhone, Android and Blackberry phones).
I've used both the iPhone and Android versions.

Just remember to download all the pictures to your phone so that you can use it when you don't have a phone signal!
You can do that by going to the setup screen and selecting the "Download all images" button, but I suggest you do that on a wifi connection as there is a lot to transfer.

regards,
David

Vickyp DAFNE Graduate
County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust
137 posts

I have the pocket version but have the android app which is much better, especially when out and about!

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

i have the pocket and app and both have proved very useful when dining out......