CP's by weight

4 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

JennyNZ 29 posts

this could have been asked before but is there any way to have measures rather than weights? 100grams means nothing to me if I haven't weighed the food before hand. if i'm out i check my CP list but the weights aren't helpful. Can they be in measures e.g. cup, serving spoon etc - then its easier to visualise it

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

The nutrition panel on the side of a food will give you carbs per serving with a description of the serving size. This might be a weight, but sometimes it will be a measure too, and if it tells you how many serves per packet, then you can estimate by dividing a packet into that number of serves. Does that help at all?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

Hi, the carb entries are taken from what your respective carb book ( each country has its own) says. This is the information checked and approved by DAFNE Dieticians. You can of course add your own entries to the carb counting pages and put things like spoon etc. I'm afraid the site is run by DAFNE Graduates who have no more idea than you about 100 grams verses cup,spoon etc. We just work with what we are given, sorry Embarassed

victorri DAFNE Graduate
Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital
12 posts

You can use the carb and cals book which has pictures so you can estimate by that