Pringles

8 posts, 4 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

I find it hard to believe that according to the DAFNE carbohydrate counting book, 12 Pringles = 1 CP, whereas a normal size bag of crisps i.e. thinner,not as many is 1.25 CP?

Phil Maskell DAFNE Graduate
Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust
194 posts

Pringles seem alot denser and heavier, interested now I might take 12 and weigh them (and them eat them Very Happy ). A Walkers multipack is 25g

How many CP in a tube then? Once you pop you can't stop

Phil

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I weighed a pringle last weekend as the missed had bought some of the hot chilli sauce variety..............

It came in below 5g, so very light................the usual carb value for 25g of pringles, which is stated on the tube is 10-15g.....

So not far off the carb book values. Remember though the carb book is a guide, if your unsure get the scales out, in fact, its a necessity to have scales, fiver off eBay.......... Wink

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

Wow that's really hard to believe, I can eat 12 for 1CP! But I would never eat 12 in one sitting...honestly Wink
I do have scales...I have been known to even weigh stuff to COOK with on them!!!!!!

Wink

angarak DAFNE Graduate
Hillingdon Hospital NHS Trust
1 post

Think of the Fat content, it's slower released

194 posts

Hi,

I know this is hijacking the thread a bit, but we have scales at home too that calc carbs based on code, it was good when I first finished DAFNE, don't use it much now (except as scales for cooking) as just sorta guess/know the carbs in most food I eat Very Happy

We got it for about £15 from Argos, can't see it there any more it was 6 years ago Exclamation

But something similar on Amazon, but more pricey

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Salter-1406-SVDR-Nutritional-Scale/dp/B00281C3L8

While searching someone on DSF mentioned :

"Lidl are doing a Nutritional analysis scale, brand SANITAS from 23rd Jan 2012 at £9.99"

http://diabetes-support.org.uk/diabetesforum/index.php?topic=743.0

Hope this is useful

Phil

194 posts

DianeW said:
Wow that's really hard to believe, I can eat 12 for 1CP! But I would never eat 12 in one sitting...honestly Wink
I do have scales...I have been known to even weigh stuff to COOK with on them!!!!!!

Wink

Diane,

You COOK pringles Question

Laughing

DianeW DAFNE Graduate
South West Essex PCT
115 posts

Smile now that's just silly...please let's not get into whe CP value of a cooked or uncooked Pringle....

Rolling Eyes