Carb Calculating Scales

4 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

Naz DAFNE Graduate
Barts Health NHS Trust
10 posts

I'm interested in purchasing scales which tell you the nutrition values of your food.

A fellow student on the DAFNE course had some by Rosemary Conley and she loved them. Does anyone else have experiences with them or any others? Are the nutritional values accurate?

Would love to hear what you think before I make the purchase.

Alan 49 DAFNE Graduate
Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust
284 posts

I have something called Nutriscales, which I got from Lloyd's Pharmacy. They work very well for me and seem to give accurate results. You have to weigh the food on the scales and then enter a 3 digit code for the food, which you look up in the User Manual. You then select the nutritional values of the item - you can choose Carbs, Fat, Protein, Cholesterol or Sodium and it displays the value for you. Good value at £14.99.

It's available on their website if you're interested - http://www.lloydspharmacy.com/en/nutritional-scales-17928

Naz DAFNE Graduate
Barts Health NHS Trust
10 posts

Those sound just like the Rosemary Conley scales too, right down to the code. I think they seem like a handy addition to the home, so I'll definitely get some.

Thank you for replying and the link

Naz =)

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

I would say they would be useful, at least as an additional aid in determining carb values amongst others...............