Carbohydrate list in .csv format

4 posts, 3 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

LovelyGeezer DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Hello, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the carbohydrate list in a .csv format. I want to use it to load into my insulin pump for when I am out and about. I would imagine there are other uses for the entire list in this format too. I've tried copying and pasting the pdf file into Excel but it doesn't work very well... Any ideas, links etc, gratefully received.

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

you could try googling PDF to Excel convertor, I am sure there are several programs you can download for free and possibly online conversion......

Once converted it may be easier to manipulate the data for your needs at least........

When creating the android app, a workable version of the list may exist, you would need to speak to one of the admin or our resident android developer for that.......

Good luck.................

PS. Which pump do you use...........?

LovelyGeezer DAFNE Graduate
James Paget University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
2 posts

Thanks for that, the PDF to Excel convertor would still require some work as there are pages of text between sections, then the column headings begin again, to be honest I'm looking for a solution that requires little or no work from me.

I have the Animas 2020, which comes pre-loaded with a carbohydrate list in the US but in the UK is supplied empty. I've asked but they won't let me have the US version for reasons only known to themselves?

marke Site Administrator
South East Kent PCT
675 posts

sorry but we are not allowed to distribute the carb book in cssv form. In fact we are not allowed to distribute it in any form apart from web form, I am keeping quiet about the pdf one on the page Wink
Your best option is to go to www.dafne.uk.com click on contact us and ask DAFNE central who are the ones that 'own' the carb book. I agree it would make sense for them to provide it but they are the ones that decide.