Course Handbook

10 posts, 6 contributors

Search the DAFNE Online Forums

lustar82 DAFNE Graduate
Arrowe Park, Upton, Wirral
3 posts

Hi all,
I've misplaced my course handbook, due to moving several times and need a replacement. My bloods have all of a sudden gone completely out of control and I'm wanting to go completely back to basics. I do remember a lot of it but I want to literally start again.
I've been in touch with the DAFNE head office who said I need to get in touch with the centre I did my course at but they no longer run the course. Theyve suggested to get back in touch with DAFNE head office. I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. So thought before I go back to them I'd try on here and see if anyone still had there's and would be able to either scan it or copy it and send me a copy. I will pay any costs and for your time. I hope someone can help, you'd be a life saver.
Many thanks
Laura

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Hi Laura,

Take a look under the DAFNE Tools in the top right hand of this screen. There is a link to DAFNE Course Handbook. It should contain most if not all of the info that you need and will likely be more up to date than the handbook that you lost.

Hope that helps,
Warwick.

lustar82 DAFNE Graduate
3 posts

Hi Warwick,
Unfortunately when I go to DAFNE Tools it doesn't give a link to the course handbook. I have spent hours trawling this site amongst many others looking for it and given up.
Thanks anyway
Laura

Warwick DAFNE Graduate
Diabetes Australia-Vic, Melbourne, Victoria
422 posts

Sounds like this website doesn't recognise you as a DAFNE graduate.

Marke and Simon, are you able to help? Can Laura's status be changed manually so she is recognised as a graduate, or can a new code be generated for her to enter so that she can access the electronic course handbook?

I have only done the Australian/New Zealand version of DAFNE so my workbook would be different to the one that you would use unfortunately.

Thanks,
Warwick.

Simon Site Administrator
Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
578 posts

Hi Laura,

Drop us an email at [email protected] and we can work with the DAFNE Central team to get you verified as a Graduate. We can indeed change your status but need the OK to do so from the DAFNE team.

Thanks,

Simon

lustar82 DAFNE Graduate
3 posts

Hi Simon,

Thank you for the reply and help. I'll send an email now.
Many thanks,
Laura

Sally Mac DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
27 posts

HI @lustar82, Im hoping you had success in the end and can now see the DAFNE Handbook online? My hardback manual is falling apart unfortunately, so its great to be able to access the online version.

Sally Mac DAFNE Graduate
King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
27 posts

There are still lots of requests coming through for access to the course handbook. As @Warwich posted earlier if you look at the right-hand side of your screen you should see the course handbook. If not, we may need to verify that you have attended a DAFNE course either personal or online. Keep us posted if we can help. Best wishes, Sally from the DAFNE Online Admin team - [email protected]

HannahW DAFNE Graduate
East Lancashire Hospitals Diabetes Team
1 post

Hi, are you able to download/ print the course handbook? I don't seem to be able to do so. Thank you

novorapidboi26 DAFNE Graduate
NHS Lanarkshire
1,819 posts

HannahW said:
Hi, are you able to download/ print the course handbook? I don't seem to be able to do so. Thank you

Its not possible I believe.

I think its because its only meant to be available to those who have graduated from the course.